Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FA Arsenal decisions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Comments

• Options
    I thought some of the United players were originally under question? Seems about fair overall- but it will hit Arsenal bad!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    I thought some of the United players were originally under question?

They are, but they are contesting the charges.

Seems fair enough to me, but I would be interested in getting an Arsenal fan's opinion. Also looking forward to Arsene "we did nothing wrong" Wenger's views too...
  • Options
    I also think it's fair.

The earlier talk of deducting points was excessive. Arsenal might appeal out of habit, just because by doing so you can shave off the punishment, but I think the decision is about right.
  • Options
    I don't think they'll appeal.

I believe these are the games in question, don't know the order.

Birmingham away
    Fulham home
    Leicester away
    Blackburn home
    Wolves (league cup)
  • Options
    Does the suspension apply immediately (I'll need to change my fantasy league team if so)?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Does the suspension apply immediately (I'll need to change my fantasy league team if so)?

Starts 17th November. On second thoughts they'll probably appeal on some, as to space them out. ;)
  • Options
    sun today
    Timed it just right by all acounts so I don't think they will appeal.
  • Options
    Was that about Arsenal or England :confused:
  • Options
    Well what a surprise! The drunken Glaswegian is now claiming that Arsenal and the FA had a little deal, and that Arsenal have got off "lightly".

I guess he was hoping Arsenal would be deducted 10 points, so United had a decent chance of winning the Premiership.

Funnily enough I don't recall him criticising the FA for laying watered-down charges against Rio Ferdinand, for what it is a much more serious offense than pushing a player at full time.

Will he be showing the same desire for tough punishments and demand Rio is given a full 2-year suspension? :rolleyes:

What a deluded, biased hypocrite the man is!
  • Options
    Its working Fergie:lol:
  • Options
    What is?

According to the Observer the FA might bring charges against Alex Ferguson for suggesting a deal had taken place.

If this happens (and there is no reason why it shouldn't, since the drunken idiot chooses to make such grave accusations at random) at least it will give him and others a further excuse to cry out about the FA hating United and trying to inflict damage on the glorious club. :rolleyes:

Let him cry. :D
  • Options
    Just a fine at worst. What about Wengers comments about Van Nistelrooy? David Dein.
  • Options
    Accusing a player of cheating is one thing. Accusing the governing body of football of being corrupt and in league with a team is quite another.

Ferguson just keeps coming across as a deeply Arsenal-obsessed little man who will throw tantrums and talk utter bollocks whenever things displease him.

The same of course can be said of Wenger and others. But the difference lays in the seriousness of the accusations and the level the silly man will descend to.

Nothing serious will happen of course. But he seemed pretty unhappy with his touchline ban the other day; I'm sure he would not appreciate another one. If he gets it he will only have himself to blame for it- although I reckon he will somehow manage to blame others, yet again.
  • Options
    He didn't say anyone was corrupt (you have to admit its a very real possibility), he just said that they had done a deal like Arsenal saying they won't appeal and make a big fuss if the FA let Lehmann off or something along those lines.

Fergie, Arsenal obsessed :lol: They are a minor irritation.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my gretest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that" - Sir Alex Ferguson 2002