Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

what would u do if...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...say you met some one, you fell for them, fell in love with them etc etc, but then found out they couldnt have children?

would u stay with them, leave them, be anoyed what?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Stay with them.

I certainly wouldnt be annoyed with them, it isnt their fault, I'd love them unconditionally.
    Of course it's not their fault so I wouldn't be annoyed with them , but I would be upset. Having children is something I really want from life, something I can't imagine not doing.

It's really tough because if I were in love with this man and wanted to spend the rest of my life with him, I'd definitely stay with him - but I'd be distraught. I think, depending on what he thought (but I think I'd only fall deeply and permanently in love with someone who wanted the same things as me), we'd try IVF or adoption. I'd hate to just not bring up a family.
    stay with them, i dont like kids
    id be gutted, but if i really loved them then id consider staying, as theres always IVF or adoption.
    id be gutted but you could always adopt!
    It would upset me because I want a family. That's actually about all I want out of life. I don't really care about what job I end up doing, or where I end up living, all I really care about is being able to pass on life to someone else, my children, so yeah, it would upset me.

I wouldn't get annoyed with them, or I really hope I wouldn't - it's not their fault, and I'd have no right to be annoyed with them.

Kids aren't the be all and end all of life, but to me they're important, so it would hit me hard to know that. Personally, I can't see myself staying with her, I'm far too shallow
    bloody oath you'd be upset, but you can bet your life that the person who couldn't have kids would feel a whole lot worse. you could run away and meet someone who could provide children but the other poor mate is stuck with it for life. if you loved them so much that you wanted to have children with them in the first place then i'm sure something would be worked out.
    Adopt...an older kid
    it would be a dream come true for me.But i honestly cant see why anyone wants kids.I would much rather have the freedom to do what i want when i want and with whom i want.When youve got kids at least the first 15yrs you cant do that.And not forgetting the money side how much does it cost at xmas school uniforms no thanks .Kids are ok when you can give them back to there parants at the end of the day.I dont hate kids far from it ,i went to school with them for ten year.But as for having any myself it certainly isnt on the cards at least for the next nine months anyway .:rolleyes: