Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Oh .. my .. god

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I watched this film called Bowling for Columine in college...

it really had an affect on me! i was crying for 45 minutes when i was watching it, and feeling really low for hours and hours after watching it ~ but was just, dont have any words for it.

Mind expanding.

Go rent it.

Blockbusters.

Now.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Gun culture :no: . Never ceases to amaze me. And not in a good way, either.
  • Options
    Re: Oh .. my .. god
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    I watched this film called Bowling for Columine in college...

it really had an affect on me! i was crying for 45 minutes when i was watching it, and feeling really low for hours and hours after watching it ~ but was just, dont have any words for it.

Mind expanding.

Go rent it.

Blockbusters.

Now.

Haha! And to think last week you were gonna skip it! :p
  • Options
    oh thats an excelent movie!!
  • Options
    Yes, definitely worth watching. Gives you an understanding of how corrupt politics in the States (and indeed, anywhere else) can be.

Though I do think his book 'Stupid White Men' was a little bit fault-finding. It made some good points about how terrible the Bush administration is, but it got a bit obsessed with picking out faults rather than presenting a balanced argument. If you know what I mean?
  • Options
    Hmm. Well the people who made that have made Touching the Void which I saw a preview of the other day and it was not pleasant to watch. I don't like those sort of films.
  • Options
    It is outstanding, really and that part where they played 'Wonderful World' and they show the statistics of death tolls and whatnot. That film made me think... a lot. And anything that makes me think is bloody good.
  • Options
    Very touching, with an excellent finale.
  • Options
    Originally posted by will haycock
    but it got a bit obsessed with picking out faults rather than presenting a balanced argument. If you know what I mean?

Yeah ive not rad that book, but this film was very one sided too, but, i dont think too much of the Bush administration so im happy with it being one sided :p maybe there really only is one side that deserves being talked about when it comes to violence?

It really wasnt pleasent to watch at all, but im going to rent it out and watch all of it. It was horrible though.

Hege im glad i didnt bunk now tim! that film opened my eyes up.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    It is outstanding, really and that part where they played 'Wonderful World' and they show the statistics of death tolls and whatnot.

:crying:

thought that bit was so effective. shocking, bit misleading but v effective.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Oh .. my .. god
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    Haha! And to think last week you were gonna skip it! :p

I know! What did we tell you?!