Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ferdinand charged with misconduct

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Which is good news as its the lesser charge. If he'd been charged with wilfully missing the test he would be in deep shit. Gordan Taylor sounds very upbeat to me, so probably a short suspension and/or fine. Also heard Blatter on the radio, he said FIFA have no intention of getting involved.

I see no reason why Rio should get any more than a £2000 fine, just like the City player, Chrstian Negiaue(sp?)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    not being a football fan i have not followed this, but IMO (and having worked in professional cycling) I think that he should have got the maximum penalty.

Professional athletes know you don't miss drug tests.
  • Options
    Originally posted by hobbs
    not being a football fan i have not followed this, but IMO (and having worked in professional cycling) I think that he should have got the maximum penalty.

Professional athletes know you don't miss drug tests.

Do you think the City player should have got the maximum penalty?

Hes not out of the woods yet anyway, however there is a big difference between wilfully missing a drugs test and forgetting to go. He could still get two years.
  • Options
    Originally posted by godscop
    Do you think the City player should have got the maximum penalty?

yes/probably
    however there is a big difference between wilfully missing a drugs test and forgetting to go. He could still get two years.

but is there? I have worked in sport from amature right up to olympic level and all the athletes i have ever met know you don't either forget or miss drugs tests, unless you want to be considered guilty of the offence.
  • Options
    Originally posted by hobbs
    but is there? I have worked in sport from amature right up to olympic level and all the athletes i have ever met know you don't either forget or miss drugs tests, unless you want to be considered guilty of the offence.

Yes but Ferdinand took one later that day and passed, there is no doubting he is anti drugs.

The problem is that the FA set a precedent by letting Negaui or whatever off with a £2000 fine. Nobody had even heard about this until Ferdinand missed a test, how many others have done the same thing I wonder.

Difference is that in athletics the punishment is written in stone, in football the rules are uncertain.
  • Options
    Yes but Ferdinand took one later that day and passed, there is no doubting he is anti drugs.

fair enough then, but he still needs to be "punished" in an appropriate way
    The problem is that the FA set a precedent by letting Negaui or whatever off with a £2000 fine. Nobody had even heard about this until Ferdinand missed a test, how many others have done the same thing I wonder.

probably loads
    Difference is that in athletics the punishment is written in stone, in football the rules are uncertain.

so its time for the FA to get its act together then
  • Options

I thought it was 2 days later he took one? At which point most soft drugs as such are completely washed out of your system.

I think they should of made an example of the first person- and it would be wrong to make an example of ferdinand now merely because he is higher profile. Give him a maximum fine and take a serious look at writing the rules in stone like athletics and I reckon all involved would be happy! just stamp it out comletely now!
  • Options
    Ferdinand will get at least a 3 month ban imo.

And yes the FA do need to get their act together, their useless when it comes to drugs. The fact that players are told when they will be tested is a joke, it should be random two players from each club straight after the match, in the stadium so as these things can never happen. Present should be the independent tester and officials from the clubs and the FA. This is the only way of ensuring there are no grey areas as far as providing a unrine sample is concerned.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    I thought it was 2 days later he took one? At which point most soft drugs as such are completely washed out of your system.

I don't think thats true because when I was younger my Doctor thought I had a kidney problem, this meant I had to provide a urine sample. When I asked about drugs he told me that if I stopped, smoking, drinking and taking drugs(rarely use them anyway) for a month it would still show up in the sample.
  • Options
    I don't think thats true because when I was younger my Doctor thought I had a kidney problem, this meant I had to provide a urine sample. When I asked about drugs he told me that if I stopped, smoking, drinking and taking drugs(rarely use them anyway) for a month it would still show up in the sample.

Ive heard it in a few reports but to be honest im not 100% sure either, think its just soft drugs- with his kinda lifestyle you cant be sure.But it would be tragic to think that the most expensive defender in the world could/will have his game tarred/ended over something which wasnt even proved true!
  • Options
    Cocaine can be out of the system within a couple of days I think.
  • Options
    That's right, 36 hours should be enough in most cases.

Then again, if a player really wants to indulge in substances all he needs to do is to buy clean urine on the internet and carry it everywhere, like many workers in America do to fool drug tests.

They don't make you pee in front of anyone do they?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    That's right, 36 hours should be enough in most cases.

Then again, if a player really wants to indulge in substances all he needs to do is to buy clean urine on the internet and carry it everywhere, like many workers in America do to fool drug tests.

They don't make you pee in front of anyone do they?
    Not sure about that but I know that you can buy a flushing out fluid of the net which clears yuor body of drugs or makes it appear to in the piss test. Apparently aswell, this is from a mate in the army who still goes out and takes pills and that and he says that if you drink proper loads of water then the piss isn't strong enough to get a clear test from and therefore comes back negative.