Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Spin the Bottle

Today me and some friends were discussing the popular party game, Spin the Bottle. Someone asked an interesting question, which received mixed responses. The question was: "Is it wrong to play Spin the Bottle when you're dating?"
Tell me what you think.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Personally i'd say it isn't since it's just a game, and it won't go far - usually it's just kissing. Although I do feel that kisses are very intimate and I really don't like kissing anyone I'm not dating, providing it's just for the game, and providing you're open with your partner about it, I really dopn't see it as a problem.

Of course... if you were doing it as a regular thing...
    See, I don't know whether I agree with it or not. I see the point that it's only a game, and doesn't mean anything, etc. and that's a perfectly good reason. But then again, how would someone feel if they knew their girlfriend/boyfriend had kissed someone else?
    I've played this game many times, and it is lots of fun. I know I certainly only think of it as a game, and I suspect most people do. But I think it would feel weird to me playing it if I was dating someone. But, eh, I don't know. lol. If the guy didn't like it, I sure as hell wouldn't do it.
    I used to play it when I was single, and it meant nothing.

Now, if I were playing it, it would feel a bit weird because I haven't kissed anyone except my boyfriend for so long! I wouldn't really want to either, so it doesn't hold the same appeal/excitement as it used to. It wouldn't really mean much to me though. However, I really hate the thought of my boyfriend kissing another girl, even only in spin the bottle! So maybe it doesn't work too well...

I think it's safer not to bother, to be honest.
    Originally posted by perfect***day

I think it's safer not to bother, to be honest.

:yes: i agree, imagine if the person your dating found out that you'd kissed or gone further with some one in a game, they'd flip, unless ofcourse they were playin the game too. ;)
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    :yes: i agree, imagine if the person your dating found out that you'd kissed or gone further with some one in a game, they'd flip, unless ofcourse they were playin the game too. ;)
    Yeah, I think that's the only way I'd play it. :)
    The last time I played Spin the Bottle I couldn't kiss ANYONE it landed on, and I was single. 'Course that was aaaaaaaaages ago and I would now but I felt so odd!
    Originally posted by *x*l'il miss socks*x*
    The last time I played Spin the Bottle I couldn't kiss ANYONE it landed on, and I was single. 'Course that was aaaaaaaaages ago and I would now but I felt so odd!
    lol, I was like that a few years ago. But now it doesn't bother me. I've kissed both guys and girls, and now I can't see what the big deal was. lol.
    i think its ok because you only play spin the bottle when your totally smashed anyway, and when your drunk it doesn't count ;)
    I didnt know spin teh bottle was meant to be just kissing :eek:

Anyway if I was with seein someone I wouldnt play it because Id like the person alot, if I didnt like the person alot I wouldnt be seein her. Dig? :D
    ive never played it, and doubt i ever will. id be upset if someone i was going out with kissed other people 'for a game', and I wouldn't kiss other people 'for a game' because i wouldn't enjoy it, i'd just be thinking of my girlfriend.
    What bout if ur not with a girlfriend? um tellin me ud never kiss anyone for fun? :eek2:
    Originally posted by Chav
    What bout if ur not with a girlfriend? um tellin me ud never kiss anyone for fun? :eek2:

if i didn't have a girlfriend? Well, I'd like to say I would. But I'm frigid :p
    id play but only up to kiss on the cheek, i dunno, i guess, but hey im single now so ya know....
    if your partners involved and neither of you care.............
    Re: Spin the Bottle
    Originally posted by xNivanaMoonx
    "Is it wrong to play Spin the Bottle when you're dating?"
    Tell me what you think.
    Hmmm. It would be hard to say no to joining in a game if all your friends were playing. And I would be a little miffed if I found a girlfriend had taken part in a game, and had been kissing people.
    If your g/f or b/f is there, and taking part, then it's ok though.
    Simple answer, I suppose, is not really. But it is one of the classic party games. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)