Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

getting my tax back

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i worked in a restaurant from october 2002 till may 2003 as a part time waiter earning much less than £4,000. However they still took some tax, surely there must be a way to recalim it before next financial year?
i heard there's some sort of form i have to get, a Psumthing, does anybody know what it is?

any help appreciated

Comments

• Options
    A P60 gives you details of tax paid for a financial year (April to April). Give your local Inland Revenue peeps a call, sure they'll be able to help.
  • Options
    They wont pay you tax rebate till the new finacial year in April, your proably on the PAYE system and you might be lucky enough to get it payed back to you without even asking? if you dont have the job anymore you will have to get them to write you a cheaque or something. the P60 is a piece of paper saying how much you earnt, payed in tax etc and you should get one when you leave your job.

bopz
  • Options
    If you are not working at the moment, you need to get a form P50 from your local tax office, complete it and send it in with your form P45 that your employer gave to you when you left ur job. If you are a student only working in the holidays (not weekends or part time) and don't antcipate earning over £4,615 in that financial year you can complete a P38(s) which will let your employer pay you without deducting tax. Hope this helps. Don't ask me how i know all this hehe.