Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sore throats

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My bloody throat is killin me, Ive had a cold for just under a week now and yesterday I could feel my throat beginning to get sore, so I had some soothers and some paracetamol and all was fine, but i woke up this morning and :crazyeyes my throat is killing!!
Ive had more paracetamol and them strepsil things but nothings workin, ive had hot drinks, cold drinks but still nothing.

I suppose it dont help that I work on a call centre and Im a gobby cow anyway, but wtf can I do?? Im in pain!!

Comments

• Options
    Gargle with salt water - tastes digusting but works wonders!
    :yuck:
  • Options
    Well, I agree, try gargling with salt water, but if it persists, the try getting in and seeing your GP because you could possibly have strep throat because that kind of sounds like it may be strep throat because I have had strep throat and sounds a lot like how my throat felt when I had strep throat.
  • Options
    whats strep throat?? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Brummy Bird

Strep throat is a really painful sore throat and you get these little white spots on your tonsils.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Brummy Bird

tonsilitis.

if it doesn't seem to be getting better, see your doctor. you might need antibiotics.
  • Options
    From someone who has suffered from severe throat pain in the past i recommend a painkiller called soluble Co-codomol. it works so well!