Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Twin Peaks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone seen this?

It's an American TV series from the 1980s written and directed by David Lynch. My friend lent the first series on DVD and I've been watching it over half term.

It's absolutely the weirdest thing I've ever seen and I never really have a total grasp of what's going on! Kyle Maclachlan is also hilarious in it and I wanna join the FBI now! :D

So anybody else seen it and what do you make of it?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Classic TV show ..... :D

It's right up there towards the top of the strange list but it's still highly watchable .... I missed the first episode when they originally ran it on TV but saw all the rest of them ...
    Then I found them in my local BBV and decided to rent the first one to see how it all began ... big mistake as it set me off again and I had to watch all the rest of 'em too ......

And now they've released the first season on DVD .... *jumps for joy* .... :D
    Yeh I know what you mean, it's so addictive! I practically only stopped watching it to sleep and go to work but was thinking about it the whole time while i worked!

And now it would seem I have to wait until February/March for the second series to come out on DVD! :mad:
    Twin peaks really does have to be the best TV series ever broadcast...

If you really can't wait for series two to be released on DVD, buy Fire Walk with me (The Prequel to the series) it features David Bowie and David lynch playing a man that shouts alot...
    I have heard of it, but have not seen it, so can't say much on if it's a good show or not.
    Just to point out quickly that the complete twin peaks (series 1 and 2 - and the second series is twice the size of series 1) is available in Spain. The DVD set is over priced and uses poor quality video transfers rather than the high quality of the UK series 1 release but if you can't wait then any spanish online store should be able to deliver.
    That's what I'd heard from various sources .... All in the same day .... I was both happy and sad for the same thing in the space of about 7 hours ..... Very bizarre feeling .... but I suppose that goes with the show really .... :D