Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Grrr!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So last week I was invited to a job interview in Cambridge for this Tuesday and asked for my final year project from University. With excitement I sent off the project and booked plane tickets to Stansted with Ryanair. (the train would be far too slow and expensive). Sunday I get an email saying they had read my project and were rather disappointed. It appears my web design skills aren't as good as the other candidates, so they said don't bother coming to the interview. I now have a return ticket to Stansted costing £28-odd and an unpaid day off work wth no fecking interview. I am so annoyed right now.:mad:

Comments

• Options
    Oh dear :(

If I was you, I'd still go to London and go window shopping or something :D
  • Options
    Going to. I'm not wasting my ticket.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Captain Slog
    Going to. I'm not wasting my ticket.
    Have fun :)
  • Options
    More Grrr

Oh dear. Got to the airport, checked in, and then it came about that the 10am flight to Stansted was delayed until 1330. If I took the 1330 flight, by the time i got to London it would be time to come home again. So I went back to the check-in desk and asked if i could cancel my flight and could i get my money back? The lady said she couldn't arrange refunds, and gave me a number to phone. When I got home and tried the number I got a recorded message from the call centre company saying the number wasn't active.

Grrr to Ryanair. Next time I want to go to london, I'm taking the train, whatever the cost. at least if you miss a train there will always be another one, and you don't have to check in an hour before you leave.
  • Options
    ryanair dont do refunds the bastards. Unless its their fault. You might get one since the flight was delayed anyway. Cambridge is lovely anyway, thats such a shame u didnt get to go. At least it was a cheap ticket though.
    I used to fly ryanair as i travel to glasgow once or twice a year, and used to get into prestwick airport (why the fuck do they call it glasgow prestwick, its a HOURS DRIVE from glasgow) I prefer easyjet these days, more direct.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    why the fuck do they call it glasgow prestwick, its a HOURS DRIVE from glasgow

I've timed it at 54 mins from Glasgow Central on the train. ;)

But its still a stupid name. Somebody suggested in a letter to the Ayrshire Post a while ago that it should be called "Robert Burns Airport" (rather like Liverpool John Lennon airport).