Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Rail Passes for Europe

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm going travelling round eastern Europe next summer with some friends and I was wondering if anyone had done something similar and what rail passes they found to be the best?

Cheers.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I did that in Western Europe a couple of years ago. Would love to do Eastern Europe properly one day as well.

We went for the Inter-rail ticket (I'm sure you've probably heard of it) and it was magic - well worth the cost. You can get them for different zones, and a one zone pass costs about £150 (if I remember correctly) and lasts 3 weeks.

Their website is at http://www.raileurope.co.uk/inter-rail/

Hope that helps. Which countries do you want to visit? I am very jealous! I've been to Poland and to Prague, and both are very beautiful, and the people are lovely. You'll have a wicked time!
    Hey, I was hoping you might reply! :D

I've checked out Inter-rail and it seems to be the best one so far so we'll probably go for one of the 2 zones in a month types.

Unfortunately since I made the first post we have had to change our plans and are now going to Western Europe because the flights from the likes of Croatia and Poland cost an absolute fortune! :( But Easyjet are now doing flights to Amsterdam for pennies.

The countries we're now doing are

Holland
    Denmark
    Germany
    France
    Austria
    Belgium
    Luxembourg
    Switzerland

It's not our first choice but it should still be brilliant and I can always travel the rest of Europe later on!
    Wow, you are going to have a wicked time - I'm still jealous!

Just a thought, but did you look into flying Easyjet to Prague and still doing your Eastern Europe thing?

You can fly to Prague from Stansted, Luton and Gatwick I think - I did then when I came back from Poland, because like you I found the flights from Warsaw were way too high.

Anyway, whereever you end up, have a fab time!

Oh and I really suggest you visit Lyon while you're in France - it's beautiful! And Monaco! And well, everywhere really..............

*is very jealous* Can I come too? :D
    I took a look on the easyjet website and they'll be releasing their summer flight schedule in a few days, but looking at flights to Prague from Stansted now the prices look really good! So thanks for that tip, because the three of us really want to go to Eastern Europe! :D

You can come if you can fit yourself in my rucksack and don't mind airplane luggage holds! :p