Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

gigs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i'm off to see electric six in december so i was just wondering if anyone else is goin to see any good gigs in the coming months or if anyone's been to any decent ones recently?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Recently i've seen The Deftones, The Darkness and Funeral For A Friend. Coming up is Breed 77, Iron Maiden and Machine Head. :D
  • Options
    I haven't been to a gig in ageesss :( last one was Not Katies.

Brand New / Straylight Run in January :hyper:
  • Options
    I might be seeing my mates' band play in Woking on Thursday. Does that count?

I have never been up to London to see a gig. Trouble is, it is difficult to do if you don't live in London, you need to get tickets before it's sold out and everything. Is it something worth doing?
  • Options
    The last gig I went to was Radiohead in May because there are never any gigs in Belfast over the summer :(

My next gig is... Meatloaf :o I said I'd go with a friend because I dragged him to Cardiff last year to see the Manic Street Preachers...

But I might also go and see Mark Lanegan from the Screaming Trees and QOTSA if I could be bothered.
  • Options
    Off to see Blondie on Saturday :hyper:

Have seen Blur and Muse this past month. Both very recommended. You haven't lived 'til you've experienced the euphoria caused by Muse, or touched Damon all over. Yummm....
  • Options
    Im going to see Muse in london on nov 27th! :hyper:
    cant wait!
  • Options
    Since the start of this month ive seen Capdown (5th) Local band (6th) erm...the Kage Kharnival(26th) and FFAF (last night-they were sooooo fucking good :hyper: ) comin up is evanescence (9th nov) then distillers :hyper: (nov 13th) local band (nov 14th) then Poison the Well (dec17th) HIM (dec 19th) local band (dec 20th) and then Lacuna Coil (dec27th) then The Ataris in february..eh i think thats it atm:)
    xxx

Edited to add sum
  • Options
    i'm going seeing

No Use For A Name - on friday
    The Distillers - 12th November
    The Mars Volta - ???

and recently iv seen
    A Perfect Circle & Alkaline Trio.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    Recently i've seen The Deftones, The Darkness and Funeral For A Friend. Coming up is Breed 77, Iron Maiden and Machine Head. :D

*drools*

I.HATE.YOU!

lately i've seen gazoonga attack, aampirellas, the disables, boys set fire, bodyjar and grinspoon.

coming up...tomorrow night anitskeptic, tomorrow week bodyjar, then a couple of days after that the living end, plus later on this year a perfect circle, QOTSA, sevendust +Homebake and big day out

I absolutley love live music, i go and see bands at least every thurs + sun night. My local gets lots of big acts, plus the locals so its great
  • Options
    I just seen super furry animals in glasgow last firday, top gig but coming oup i have....

The strokes - glasgow
    Kings of leon - glasgow
    Mars volta - glasgow
    Primal Scream - glasgow

Terra Diablo - (mtv thing in ediburgh before awards)

you should try n check this band out, top notch, couple of them from my town, good guys great band. www.terradiablo.com

Think thats all for now, possibly the coral too, and maybe goin to mtv awards gig in the gardens thing with chemical bros / flaming lips / janes addiction.
  • Options
    *ahem*christina aguilera*ahem*......:D
  • Options
    i saw athlete last week - they were great
  • Options
    Originally posted by candy
    *ahem*christina aguilera*ahem*......:D

I saw her on saturday and she was amazing. Looked pretty good too :naughty:
  • Options
    i'd just like to point out that i hate all you fuckers that are going to or have been to see the mars volta. its just not fair :( i wanna go too
  • Options
    Originally posted by sprocket
    i'd just like to point out that i hate all you fuckers that are going to or have been to see the mars volta. its just not fair :( i wanna go too

I shall be goooooing :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    I shall be goooooing :D

stop rubbing it in :(*humph*
  • Options
    Going to see Muse at the NEC on the 3rd Dec, my 7th muse gig, should be a classic (does the name give it away?). Muse live is a religious experience, truly mindblowing. Sadly they have now become huge, and we may never see them in small venues again. How I loved seeing them in small venues. *Sniffs*. Lostprophets were quality live, and HIFH weren't bad. Hundred Reasons were superb too.
  • Options
    Seen Electric Six x3 and they really do actually ROCK! Also, British Sea Power are the best live band in the UK at the moment.
  • Options
    a good band you should definately go and see if they're playing in your area is yellow stripe nine. they're really good and they ususally play small venues
  • Options
    Brtween now and Xmas I'll be seeing N.E.R.D, Stereophonics, Blur, The Strokes, Feeder and hopefully the MTV in the Gardens gig with The Flaming Lips, Janes Addiction and The Darkness! :D

Oh, and I'll probably see my mates band Con-Artist a few times as well... busy few weeks ahead for me!! ;)
  • Options
    Got me tickets to see metallica at earls court on dec 20th, can't fucking wait :hyper:
  • Options
    ooooh let us know how metallica goes, i'm trying to decide whether or not to go..