Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Scariest film

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    scariest film i ever saw was the Care bear Movie :nervous:
    Just remembered another scary movie.

Alien :nervous:
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    This Japanese film called Audition :nervous: Not so much scarey... more... Ok, I didnt like it *sniffles & looks for a bosom to rest her sorrows on*

That's on channel 4 next week and I've been meaning to watch it for ages, looks pretty violent!
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    ummm ok, seriously, ummm i get scared by things that could happen to me, things like when in movies the girl stays round a mates house and gets raped or summat, cant think of any examples

Something like 'I Spit on Your Grave' would probably unnerve you then. A story of a female writer who takes a break in a resort only to be harrassed and violently raped by several men.

Actually, you might want to check it out - the woman gets her just desserts in the end. Oh yes. :p

Edited to add: If you're a fan of 'The Eye' and 'The Blair Witch Project' there's a new film coming out (already out, I dunno) called 'Dark Waters' which is meant to be extremely scary! That's from an unreliable source :p but I just checked imdb.com and there's a profile for that movie in 1994, there may be a new one. Who knows.
    scariest film

The scariest film I ever saw was polterguist. I saw it when I was 11 and had nightmares about it. Nothing since compares.

The last time I got a fright was when I watched What Lies Beneath. I would highly recommned it.
    Starship Troopers
    I ain't into scary movies man but I did think The Ring was pretty scary.
    Final Destination 2 is scary if you like watching a group of nobodies meet their death in inventive and gorey ways. I felt very uncomfortable watching it in the cinema!
    haha, the first one wasn't too bad at all. sequel i just found silly.

people are so desensitised to violence these days all out blood n guts doesnt really do much. Signs is the first movie to freak me out in a long time...when the aliens ran into view on that 'amateur' video in sth america, that sent shivers up my spine :eek:

i really enjoyed the ring too.

Arachnophobia was prob movie that scared me most as a kid, and I would watch heaps of horror.
    Originally posted by lipsy
    did anyone see 'the eye' or something like that? where a group of people get locked in a mansion and think its bigbrother on the net but turns out to be a ig murder plot? now that is weird! me and my mates walked out of the cinema sayin 'WTF?!'

I've seen that. I thought it was original. Was actually quite a good film but not really scary.
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Something like 'I Spit on Your Grave' would probably unnerve you then. A story of a female writer who takes a break in a resort only to be harrassed and violently raped by several men.

Actually, you might want to check it out - the woman gets her just desserts in the end. Oh yes. :p

I've heard of a film with that name. It's about zombies that eat people. It got taken off the cinemas after a few weeks because it was too scary or something.
    Ok, so following the channel four top 100 scariest I have started watching some that I have never seen (wicker man for eg).

Last night I watched 'The Others'. Wasn't expecting too much it only being a 12 - but it was great.

A really well written story, a couple of good frights and a fantastic end. If you haven't seen it and like a bit of 'boo' - I recommend it highly.
    Originally posted by astro
    Ok, so following the channel four top 100 scariest I have started watching some that I have never seen (wicker man for eg).

Last night I watched 'The Others'. Wasn't expecting too much it only being a 12 - but it was great.

Tbh there is not certification for scariness, so it can have a low certificate and still be scary.

Films I have found scary include some film I watched once about a guy who was obsessed by this girl. Can't remember what it was called though. They had a big house on a hill someplace. Also The Hole was quite suspense-like.
    Originally posted by eaglerocker
    Signs is the first movie to freak me out in a long time...when the aliens ran into view on that 'amateur' video in sth america, that sent shivers up my spine :eek:

ditto
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    I've heard of a film with that name. It's about zombies that eat people. It got taken off the cinemas after a few weeks because it was too scary or something.

Haven't heard of that one. The one I was refering to was this. Also known as 'Day of The Woman'.

Taken from the site:
    The film follows Jennifer, a writer who is working on a new novel and needs to get out of the city to finish it. She hires a river side apartment to finish her novel, attracting the attention of a number of male locals. They catch Jenifer one day and strip her naked for the Village Idiot (Matthew), to rape her, he can't or won't and so one of the others does it for him. Jennifer is raped a further two times, her novel is destroyed also, she then begins to seek revenge on the men who raped her.

Not scary, just disturbing. Can't even remember why I brought the film up now. :confused:
    I was most scared by What Lies Beneath; a feeling of suspense whenever she enters the bathroom. Half the time I was sitting in front of the TV shouting "don't go in the bathroom!", the other half I was covering my eyes. I laughed at Final Destination :rolleyes:
    I found the Blair Witch Project was disorientating, with all the amateur videoing, and I couldn't get into the film at all. It just seemed to be them wandering round and round in the woods for a long time, and occasionally shouting at each other.
    oo The Others is an excellant film! Scary ones..hmm. What Lies Beneath yeh, erm dont laugh but The Haunting really freaked me out (everything scares me) oh and if anyone has seen identity the film is jus so weird:eek:
    The Hulk Hogan film "Mr Nanny" - truly terrifying!
    am i the only person in the entire world that didnt find the original ring film scary?!

yeh i shat myself when she came out of the tv, but apart from that, nah. i thot the american version was much more scary, i was terrified watching that!!!!

whenever i say this to someone, all usually get is "whaaaat?? pshaw, you peasant!!" *superior look*

tres odd, indeed
    oh oh oh, wait, i know!! some crap comedy/action film!! im like, soooooo sarcastic and witty by using the ambiguity of the word 'scary'!!!!

:rolleyes: