Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Inter-house-mate action!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, it had to happen: my ex girlfriend just started dating again.

She's been going through some hard times lately (breakup included!), and her house mates have been looking after her. It turns out that one of them is 'looking after her' a little more than I thought!

Whilst it is none of my business, and though we're still in the "being in the same room as each other just causes lots of pain" phase, I still care for her. So my question for you is this:

Would you date your housemate?

If no, why not?

(Don't worry, whatever your answer I'm not about to run off and interfere with my ex's love-life!!!:crazyeyes )

Comments

• Options
    iN a word,no - more likely than not its going to cause tension should things go wrong and its also awkward for your other housemates.
  • Options
    No - way too awkward.

If it works and carries on, it's distracting from work and rest of life, plus not good for fellow housemates.

If it fails, it makes things awkward for the duration of your stay in the house!
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    No - way too awkward.

If it works and carries on, it's distracting from work and rest of life, plus not good for fellow housemates.

If it fails, it makes things awkward for the duration of your stay in the house!

:yes: thats like what i was going to say.
  • Options
    I bet the breakup is going to be tough. One person will still be totally into the other, and they won't be able to get away from each other.

However, you guys seem to be suggesting that just having a working relationship in a house is going to be tough? Why :confused: