Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Australian Idol - what do you think!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey all! Well I'm an aussie girl absolutely addicted to Australian Idol..... thing is we never got to see the English version over here (pop idol?) so I'm wondering how our aussies compare......

Check out the video for the final 12 song 'Rise up' here :

http://australian-idol.cjb.net

Or head to http://au.australianidol.yahoo.com/video/finals/ and listen to :

GUY ( the bomb! I'm in love he is amazing)
Paulini
Shannon
Cosima

Who do you think will win?> these are the final four!!!
And how are they compared to the english final four!?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I havent listened to it yet, sorry, silly computer is crap but im sure its just as crap as Pop Idol and American Idol...

got forced to watch Pop Idol last night.. oh my god! so so dull.
    My computer is soooo crap, just tried to tell me it would take an hour to download the video :eek2:
    dont watch the video then!! go to the other link and listen to the finalists
    tell me what you think of guy. he is amazing. self taught singer songwriter so talented. he wrote new arrangements for all the songs he had to cover. so so good!
    I listened to Guy... hes got a gorgeous voice!!!

wont compare him to any british ones, cus ive only watched one episode of this series!
    At least yoru finalists are doing their own song. Ours are about to butcher War is OVer ( Merry Xmas) ....wait no, that isn't the right name, but I hope you know which one I am talking about. It's a Lennon classic. Lennon+reality TV= :mad: for me and millions of others.

Sorry to be moody.
    i think australian idol is dodgy as. I watched it for the first time on sunday. I mean that shannon guy *shakes head* he totally butchered frank sinatra, and the fucken judges were saying he was great, i mean he was off key in part of the songs. I wanted paulini to win, but yeah the odds of that are really fucking slim now ayy!

cosima is okish, nothing special. guy has a nice voice, but i'd never buy an album of his or anything.