Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anyone got any ideas?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well ok I like this girl and so started asking my mates if they knew if she was single or not... found out she wasn't :( . Except then I found out from the girl herself that she actually was single! :D . She seems interested in me etc etc but then Friday night she said sorry things can't go any further right now as I'm sort of seeing someone!

Sorry if this doesn't really make sense I just want some other opinions, I'm really even sure what I'm trying to work out.:confused:

Comments

• Options
    well, working on the premise that what she told you was true, i'd take it to mean that she is interested in you but at the moment she's maybe in the 'going out' phase with someone else and feels that she shouldn't string two people along at once.

which is fair enough
  • Options
    Well thats basically the impression I got, but what can I do now, cos I don't want to make her feel like I'm pressuring her and always being around. At the same time too though I don't want her thinking I'm no longer interested!
  • Options
    there's no real reason why you shouldn't hang around her if you like her. Just don't go laying it on thickly about how much you like her. As long it's plain that you enjoy being in her company at whetever level (which it should be seeing as you are:)) then i don't think she'll feel pressured
  • Options
    Yep, like Screwtape said - just let her know you're still there and you like her and enjoy her company, but do make it clear you understand that she's seeing someone. Then if she decides you're the one for her rather than this 'other,' then you're around! If not, then you have to decide whether you want her as a friend, or whether you'd rather just give up if you can't have more from her.