Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Look out, it's a Conservative Republican!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My name is Rob, I'm a 39 year old single white male from Kentucky, USA. I'm a Aircraft Propulsion Engineer by trade, a USAF veteran of the Persian Gulf War (I) a guitar player and a Harley-Davidson enthusiast. I'll make a pic available as soon as I figure out how.

The "Hot Rob" name comes from the biker community. I was confused with a guy nicknamed "Hotrod", which was corrected by a slightly intoxicated female member of my motorcycle club with "No, he's Hot Rob!", and the name stuck. I'm sure someone will still think I'm being conceited. They'll get over it. :p

Some of my political/personal views:

-Pro Death Penalty

-Moderately Pro-Choice (I don't personally care for the whole abortion concept as a means of birth control, but I don't think it's my place to impose my personal values on someone else)

-Pro gun rights

-Heterosexual. If you are homosexual, that's your business and I will not ridicule you for it. Just don't push it on me, expect me to accept your lifestyle as normal or treat you any differently than anyone else.

-Equal Rights should be just that...equal. Not "Preferential".

-Religion - I believe in God. Whatever religion gives you spiritual comfort is your business. I only wish that Catholics would give us non-Catholics a church program so we would know when to stand, sit, kneel and speak, so we don't appear so "non-Catholic".

-Don't bother trying to convince me that ANY other kind of motorcycle is better than a Harley-Davidson. You are wrong.

-People who drive and talk on cell phones are a menace. I have a steel plate and 8 screws holding my left leg together to support this.

-Cows were meant to be eaten. People starving to death in countries where cows roam around free are just plain dumb.

-I miss John Lennon.

From what I've seen of this message board, the majority of posters are liberals, so I'm sure I'll catch some fire. Bring it on, all I ask is that you support your argument with fact rather than emotion.

Comments

• Options
    You're gonna have fun in the politics and debate forum :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy
    :yes:

Welcome :wave:
  • Options

What I was thinking.
    Wouldn't mind some new faces and ideas in there. At all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    What I was thinking.

Thanatosesque.
  • Options
    Thanatosesque.

*laughing*

Too true ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    *laughing*

Too true ;)

I'm a lot more reasonable and better looking!:D
  • Options
    hellooooo Rob :wave:
  • Options
    Re: Look out, it's a Conservative Republican!
    Originally posted by Hot Rob
    From what I've seen of this message board, the majority of posters are liberals, so I'm sure I'll catch some fire. Bring it on, all I ask is that you support your argument with fact rather than emotion.

Well I'm glad there's finally a conservative American on here who looks like they can back up an argument!

I'm actually pretty liberal myself but good luck in the Politics forum! ;)
  • Options
    Welcome :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hot Rob
    I'm a lot more reasonable and better looking!:D

*raises eyebrow*
  • Options
    Hihi :D
  • Options
    Re: Re: Look out, it's a Conservative Republican!
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    Well I'm glad there's finally a conservative American on here who looks like they can back up an argument!

Unlike Heydrich. " I'm sure all American problems could be solved if we sent all the Negroes 'home' and sent the liberals with them". :rolleyes:

But yar, welcome. I debate like a plank, but I'll try and challenge you if I can :p I'm getting a general idea of what you were like, and I'm very sure if I met you in real life, I wouldn't get on with you at all, but hey, welcome anyway :)

edit: Aren't all Republicans conservative? Aren't ALL right-wingers conservative?