Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

70's and 80's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im going to a 70's and 80's fancy dress party this weekend, and i was wondering if anyone could advise me on what to wear!

i went to topshop today and saw lots of brightly coloured tops in the sale, but im not really sure what will go together, also i dont want to end up spending loads of money on it!

i have a pair of flared jeans, can anyone suggest the type of top i should go for to go with this?

thankyou!!!:)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: 70's and 80's
    Originally posted by clara
    im going to a 70's and 80's fancy dress party this weekend, and i was wondering if anyone could advise me on what to wear!

i went to topshop today and saw lots of brightly coloured tops in the sale, but im not really sure what will go together, also i dont want to end up spending loads of money on it!

i have a pair of flared jeans, can anyone suggest the type of top i should go for to go with this?

thankyou!!!:)

A bright, loose t shirt teamed with a huge elastic belt! Bright blue/green eyeshadow and electric blue mascara would also be effective.
    Just go for a huge t-shirt on its own! (with the belt that is...) Then go for brightly coloured strappy shoes, matching eyeshadow and eyeliner, big puffy hair....
    crimp and/or backcomb your hair and put a fergie bow in it.
    leggings

*shudders*
    and a big baggy Tshirt which says `choose life` or `Frankie says` on the front
    or maybe this

or this
    couldnt see either of those hun

omg, crimp your hair! definatley
    hehe! thanks for all your ideas, my hair is curley anyway, so i can just frizz it up a bit:D

i was thinking i could go as a hippy, cos ive got some cool flares and a floral gypsey style top... oh the possibilities!
    First put on a pair of skintight jeans (you`ll have to lie down and suck in to do them up) that look like they`ve been sprayed on. Preferably 3/4 length stonewashed denim. Turn up the bottoms in a cuff about an inch wide. Stick one of those big RELAX t-shirts over the top and put a belt as wide as you can find round your hips.

Backcomb your hair to epic proportions, leaving it a bit messy - ok, looking like a birds nest a la Bananarama. Apply heavy eye makeup with brown eyeliner and tons of matt lipstick. Powder over the top of the latter and re-apply to ensure you`ve got it on thick enough.

Put on huge plastic dangly earrings and about a hundredweight of assorted bangles on each arm. Slip on a jacket, push/roll the sleeves up to your elbows. Slide your tootsies into the most pointy toed white or neon blue stillettos you can find and Bob`s your uncle! You`ve morphed into me 20 years ago!!

God, and we thought we looked good. :o
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    couldnt see either of those hun

here you go then
    gotta get a ra-ra skirt
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy
    Me at a 70s night :

http://ds.dial.pipex.com/wests/temp/seventies.jpg
    shes donny osmond.... but female!
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    shes donny osmond.... but female!

I thought she was Marsha Brady.
    Ooo I went to an 80s party a few weeks ago, and it was amusing! I wore jeans, with black stiletto heels, a bright blue top from Topshop. I thought the top was horrible - tighter elastic at the wrists and waist, and then baggy elsewhere, but it turned out well when I rolled it up to show off my stomach! Also had lots of blue eyeliner and blue mascara, and chunky black bangles as well.