Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

10 month old baby knifed to death

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    No offence to any mods but I do not see them as people of authority when it comes to debating about politics.

I respect and listen to their opinions but I will not give it any more or less credence than anyone else (though to be fair they are often more sensible)

Sorry but they are of authority, they have the authority to say bye bye to you and thats the end of the story.
    They are here to see that things run smoothly as can be and when they see something that needs to be adressed they do it. If they were not of authority we all could tell them where to go....but do we ?
    I personally respect their status and wether you or I like it they are the authority here. They are the people who lay the rules down and we have to abide.
    Im not saying we are not entitled to our opinion but basically the point I made was that we should respect people in authority, yeah we may not agree with what they are saying, we may think they are talking bullshit but at the end of the day if you or anyone else told me I was talking bullshit and I was your employer then im afraid you would be well aware that you overstepped the boundary.
    I said " when it comes to debating politics "

In general then of course they have authority becaus ethey run the place but in terms of a debate then there opinion/argument is no more valid simply because they are moderators.

And I also do not think we should respect people in authority if they have done nothing to deserve it or more importantly have done things to lose it.

The most authoritative person in Europe in 1941 was Hitler but I have and would not have had any respect for him..........
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    In general then of course they have authority becaus ethey run the place but in terms of a debate then there opinion/argument is no more valid simply because they are moderators.

[/B]

Sorry I think I misunderstood you.
    Of course everyone has their own opinion.