Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

10 month old baby knifed to death

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What a horrible story this is, I only heard about this today and was really upset about it. At the moment there is not much information being given out apart from a woman was pushing her baby down the street when she was appraoched by a man who was screaming and brandishing a knife.

horrible story it really is, and things like this happen to a woman just minding her own business, walking down the street. My guess is that this guy must have been mentally unstable, but it just shows you nobody is safe these days.

Read the story Here (thats if my link works)

Comments

• Options
    :(

That's horrendous. Can't think of anything more to say than that.
  • Options
    it is becoming increasingly dangerous out there.
    all the monsters you ever saw in a horror movie are here in our daily lives ...and worse.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Tell me, there seems to have been a continuous stream of these horrible acts being perpetrated in the UK.

Has it occurred to anyone that perhaps the "special relationship" with the US and the seemingly wholesale adoption of US cultural icons into British society has brought with it the same sort of mental instability that has made my country the leader in sick and perverted domesitc crime?

Is it time for the UK to say "Yankee go home - and take McDonald's with you when you go!"?
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Tell me, there seems to have been a continuous stream of these horrible acts being perpetrated in the UK.

Has it occurred to anyone that perhaps the "special relationship" with the US and the seemingly wholesale adoption of US cultural icons into British society has brought with it the same sort of mental instability that has made my country the leader in sick and perverted domesitc crime?

Is it time for the UK to say "Yankee go home - and take McDonald's with you when you go!"?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is there anything you wont blame on the USA and Bush?
  • Options
    That's bad, real bad. :o
  • Options
    Do you see any mention of Bush there BD? Or can you not accept that with rampant consumerism comes the dehumanisation of society that contributes to psychological degradation and by extension, an increase in the horrific nature of criminal acts?

Perhaps youve never bothered to ask yourself why such a large percentage of US society is in therapy.

Dont be so quick to sneer at the possible link. It continues to be examined and chronicled by many well respected psychologists both in the US as well as abroad.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Perhaps youve never bothered to ask yourself why such a large percentage of US society is in therapy.
    Actually i have, and i think a large part of it is to do with the fact that alot of them erroneously believe they are mentally destable because their lives arn't as squeaky clean and perfect as TV says they should be.
  • Options
    Becky, your link is out of date now. This is from BBCi.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/3205721.stm

As for the actualm thing, no-one knows why he did it. I would suppose that Bangladeshi culture has a lot to do with it though- it happened in my suburb about four years ago, where a mother of a Bangladeshi boy was stabbed (fortunately not severely) whilst her child was kidknapped by his father and taken to Bangladesh.

Just a thought, its certainly more relevant than blaming Bush. This time anyway.
  • Options
    How can someone kill a child ?

God this is beyond me, I have no pity whatsoever for him. He deserves all he gets.

I hope he goes to prison for a very long time and meets some not so nice inmates whilst he is there.
  • Options
    this is an example where i fully support the death penalty.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    I know that thsi isn't a death penalty debate, but I can't agree with you there.

But how could anyone do it? I'm in shock over it, I can't believe it's true. It's sick. The guy deserves to be locked up for a long, long time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun

Based on all your knowledge of the full intricacies of the case, I suppose?

He might be seriously mentally ill. You dont know. So until you do, be quiet.
  • Options
    thats right! and in future dont speak until Kermit says you can, OK?
  • Options
    it's a harsh and unpredictable world for us all for sure. no wonder coppers and even ambulance crew have to wear body armour these days. it beggars belief what has happened on a busy street to thaT child, that family and to that comunity. our modern world does seem to be becoming ever more savage.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    it's a harsh and unpredictable world for us all for sure. no wonder coppers and even ambulance crew have to wear body armour these days. it beggars belief what has happened on a busy street to thaT child, that family and to that comunity. our modern world does seem to be becoming ever more savage.
    or maybe we just hear about it more.
    I think it is awful what has happened, the guy must be mentally deranged to kill his own child. That doesnt even happen in the animal kingdom. That poor baby and I feel so sorry for the mother.
  • Options
    I suspect this has very little to do with "increased violence" or "out of control crime", and more to do with a deranged man. This could have happened yesterday, in the 1950s or during Henry VIII's reign.

But in this current climate of fear and media sensationalism any crime seems to stick out and add to the current perception of a country 'out of control'.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    But in this current climate of fear and media sensationalism any crime seems to stick out and add to the current perception of a country 'out of control'.

With the media brainwashing society as it is and the churches preaching and the government banning any drug going... I mean you can't even piss in the street... yet you can get away with animal cruelty providing you're afluent enough...

Now that's what I call control :yes: and the beautiful thing is that most of us don't even know just how controlled we are.

Then again, compared to a lot of countries we have a lot of freedom. So in a sense, we're very blessed.
  • Options
    When has man ever been free?
    Yes, we are under regulations, restrictions and rules, but have we ever had less of those?
    If it wasn't government rules, then they have been religious and moral.

Seriously, it's a man insane. To start building up theories on the enforcements imposed on society today (which must be better than Bangladesh) and influence from "across the pond" seems disrespectful from my point of view.
    People wanting to promote their thought, and apparently using every thread possible, having some or no relations to the case whatsoever.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    People wanting to promote their thought, and apparently using every thread possible, having some or no relations to the case whatsoever.

Yeah I agree with that totally.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite

Oh grow up, just cos I criticise people who open their mouths before thinking.

That post was just a few hours after the killing, he doesnt KNOW whats happened so to say the man should be KILLED for it beggars belief.

Or maybe youre another one who sees a newspaper report, and decides that its case closed, hang the man at dawn. get a job at Guatanamo Bay, theyre the sort who love those who love kanagroo courts.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    :rolleyes:

KLets not lower the tone eh?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    I suspect this has very little to do with "increased violence" or "out of control crime", and more to do with a deranged man. This could have happened yesterday, in the 1950s or during Henry VIII's reign.

Exactly what I was going to say, although i was going to use the example of jack the Ripper in the supposedly sobre and moralistic society where there was far worse punishment for crimes..........
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Well BeckyBoo and Jaq, you could just ignore them, or you risk becoming the thing you hate.......
  • Options
    Hey i only agreed with Jacq, she can take full responsility, I only agreed with her :lol:

Yeah taken onboard :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    Well BeckyBoo and Jaq, you could just ignore them, or you risk becoming the thing you hate.......

That's bullshit. Sorry, but it is.

Not commenting on what was said, would be the same as accepting it, from my point of view.

And I will continue commenting upon statements which belong in their own thread, and which shouldn't use the death of a baby to promote their own thoughts.

What is interesting is that Kermit (as an example) tells Shogun to be quiet, it passes. When I give my opinion about another theory I get a comment from the mod...