Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Majic Musshies - season started?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there Guys,

Does anyone know if the musshies are starting to make an appearence yet? I've had a quick disheartend look but have found nothing :confused:

Im sure it was this time last year i was picking in my thousands!

If there are has anyone had any and are they a good crop tis year?!

Minstrel
:D

Comments

• Options
    I've heard that this year is quite possibly going to be an almost dead year for out door shrooms. Its been way too dry and now there are going to be hard frosts, possibly killing off the spores before they get a chance to do anything. A shame really but, well, not a lot you can do.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I've heard that this year is quite possibly going to be an almost dead year for out door shrooms. Its been way too dry and now there are going to be hard frosts, possibly killing off the spores before they get a chance to do anything. A shame really but, well, not a lot you can do.

Hmm.. well, a few of my mates recently went to the Welsh mountains, and a week later came back with well over 10,000 of the lil' buggers so I don't think it's all that bad. :p

Very nice they were too!
  • Options
    Funny enough today someone said to me that mushroom season is now but i wouldn't know which one's to pick and i'm nowhere near the welsh mountains.

I need somewhere in N.Ireland :(
  • Options
    found thousands here in ireland a few weeks ago,
    Still loads about. magic mushies just don't like growing in UK :p
  • Options
    nah, they just get eaten too quickly
  • Options
    Hi Guys, Cheers for your replies, I do know what you mean, with it being dry then the frosts being quite heavy, normally with one heavy frost they don't re-appear and thats the season gone. Plue with evenings getting so dark it limits the seaching time available! Cheers guys, i will keep on looking!!

Minstrel xxx
  • Options
    does anyone know if they grow in scotland?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    does anyone know if they grow in scotland?

No, they grow all over the UK on wet, uncut grass but not in Scotland. :rolleyes: