Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Eeek, wish me luck!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I start a week of work experience in the hospital today! I'm under the impression that I'll be shadowing a consultant, but I could be wrong. Wish me luck anyway!

Comments

• Options
    Re: Eeek, wish me luck!
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy
    I start a week of work experience in the hospital today! I'm under the impression that I'll be shadowing a consultant, but I could be wrong. Wish me luck anyway!

Good luck :D :thumb: - dont let the superbugs bite :p
  • Options
    Good morning, and good luck :)
  • Options
    They won't let you do nothing but knowing the state of the nhs you'll be administering drugs by the end of the week :D

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    kewel! bonne luck to ya!:D ;)
  • Options
    good luck mate.......
  • Options
    Hehe, today was really good :) I didn't actually get to do much, but it was still an experience. The only patient contact I had was watching someone have their blood taken... apart from that I was mainly learning about how hospitals work.

It's quite scary how little medical students and even Junior House Officers seem to know. Thankfully there's not much left up to them though. Consultants seem to spend a great deal of their time teaching rather than actually making people better, which is fair enough I suppose - they have the knowledge required for the teaching.

So on the whole, it was a really great day, and anyone applying to medicine should try to get the same sort of experience. I've got another four days of this to go and I'm well up for it :)
  • Options
    I'm under the impression that I'll be shadowing a consultant,

Don't be. I went to w/e in a Housing Association under the impression that I'd be out and about with A Housing Officer and a Housing Care Worker. At the end of the first day, they had me in Housing services filing housing benefit forms into:

1. Alphabetical street order

2. Alphabetical street order (between the sheets i.e Sorting the B's into alphabetical order.)

3. Into house number etcetera, etcetera.

PS. You prolly done it by now but I just fancied a rant :D;)