Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Manageable hair style

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm fed up with my hair because it is naturally curly & it is just a pain in the bum. Although my mum likes it & lots of old ladies come up to me & say:

"Ooo haven't you got lovely curly hair, I wish I had it" :D

Anyway on my mind the best method to get my hair under control is to shave it all off but not totally bold.

What grade is a nice length to have?

As in you actually have some hair there but not to long that it requires some attention using a brush/comb. I want to just roll out of bed & not have to worry about what my hair wants to do today :p

Also, can having my hair short reflect my kind & gently personality? Rather than a so called 'hard nut image' & i'm looking for a fight with everyone.

I suppose if you need a visual ref then kind of like Dermot O'Leary.

Cheers girls & guys for any response

.:Crispy:.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    can't you just have it short enough so you still have some that girls can put their hands through but sorta spike it or somethin? ask your hairdresser.

or wear a hat :p
    Im just back from the barbers and I asked for a 3 at the top. The bastard done a 2. Now I look like a fucking fluffy egg. I hate it and I dont suit it. I am so gonna get the shit taken out of me in school. :mad: :(
    Oh yes, there's many a time I've ran up to a friend with a new hair cut and grabbed their head, with a cry of "Fuzzy haaaair!!!" It's great. However, saying that, I'm not into lads with hair that short. I like it better when it's in a quiff/mohican/spikes, I agree with whoever it was suggested having it long enough to spike, or whatever :)
  • White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    i know where your coming from crispy, i got fed up with having curly hair and getting compliments from old ladies ( :eek2: ) too. couldn't see myself getting it all shaved off tho. i've got it cut shortish but it looks even worse, and my ears get cold :(

the pic is of me when my hair was at its longest. was it really too long? what kinda curly hairstyle do you gals like?

a lovely prize goes to whoever provides a nice piccy :)

this thread wasn't dead, it was just sleeping, honest!
    Steal your girlfriends' GHDs? :razz:
    Originally posted by Kiezo

LMAO
    Originally posted by White Noise
    i know where your coming from crispy, i got fed up with having curly hair and getting compliments from old ladies ( :eek2: ) too. couldn't see myself getting it all shaved off tho. i've got it cut shortish but it looks even worse, and my ears get cold :(

the pic is of me when my hair was at its longest. was it really too long? what kinda curly hairstyle do you gals like?

a lovely prize goes to whoever provides a nice piccy :)

this thread wasn't dead, it was just sleeping, honest!
    oh dear i hope you don't have that hairstyle now!!! you have quite nice face and you're totally spoiling it with that curly mess on top!
    short is the only way to go boys...
    Originally posted by lipsy
    oh dear i hope you don't have that hairstyle now!!! you have quite nice face and you're totally spoiling it with that curly mess on top!
    short is the only way to go boys...

Keizo, whats with this GHD stuff? or was it a cheeky joke? :rolleyes: :)
    Originally posted by Kiezo

Tried GHds but they didn't tame the hair.
    Originally posted by White Noise

Keizo, whats with this GHD stuff? or was it a cheeky joke? :rolleyes: :)

GHD stands for Good Hair Day & they are hair straighteners as well as lots of other hair styling products.

.:Crispy:.
    well have a look at the tasty ryan phillipe. he has curly hair and it's cut short on the sides and a tiny bit longer on top. he probably puts wax in or some other product to give a slightly messy look. (i would advise you to stay away from justin timberlakes early days though- too long)
    ryan042.jpg
    God, he's asking so much to have his lips bitten on.
    awwww, noise, but that hair was adorable!! if you've got the curls, use it to your advantage.
    uh oh, now i have no idea what to do. my_name for long hair, lipsy for short. i've gotta admit that the ryan web fella's hair looks pretty cool, but then i'd have to give a prize to lipsy for finding a pic :p

any chance you girls could fight it out, winner gets to decide which hairsytle is cooler. maybe add a bit of mud too?! :naughty::D

well, worth a try anyway :)