Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Telesales

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What a joke... doss job!

Thats my new method of making money and i hate it, but its the only job i can find where i can slot the hours around my college timetable without having to travel far from college.. anyone else been through the telesales stage?!

Comments

• Options
    I did phone surveys and it was horrific, truely terrible.

I'm looking for work myself at the moment, its shite, I'm actualy just about to go and whore myself to the temp agencies. This real life stuff is shit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    This real life stuff is shit.

:yes: already is pretty crap and im not even in real life at the moment.. still living at home, still doing my a levels (third attemp and i will finish the course this time!) not even gone to uni yet.... things are going to be hard!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I did phone surveys and it was horrific, truely terrible.

I'm looking for work myself at the moment, its shite, I'm actualy just about to go and whore myself to the temp agencies. This real life stuff is shit.

Which ones are you thinking of going to, and what kind of work you looking for?

Hayes it pretty good (got me my job 3yrs ago, haven't looked back). Office Angel were crap for me.
  • Options
    eugh telesales.. i hated that job!

i had to call up old people at their homes and basically lie to them and say that the company was doing research on a matress and we just needed their opinion on it before we advertised it on tv. but what actually happened is some bloke would take a sample matress(one of those adjustable/moving ones) to their house and wouldn't leave for a few hours until they eventually give in to his sales speel and buy the matress!

i only lasted 2 weeks..felt so guilty :( and its horrible calling people at their home..i know my family hates it when we get annoying telesales ppl calling up.

they do generally pay well though.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: Telesales
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    What a joke... doss job!

Thats my new method of making money and i hate it, but its the only job i can find where i can slot the hours around my college timetable without having to travel far from college.. anyone else been through the telesales stage?!

:yes: i found it quite good and i got paid lots of commission too. what are you selling??
  • Options
    telesales - i hate it, the hrs where i work now r rubbish. gonna hand my notice in tomorrow and look for something a bit more socialable!
  • Options
    I did telesales for a week after I left college a couple of years back and hated it. I was (trying) to sell stationary to small businesses. You'd just go through the Yellow Pages, call them up and ask to speak to the person who dealt with their stationary supplies. All you got was insult after swear word after threat. It was awful, hence me only staying for a week! I'd advise anyone thinking about doing it to avoid like the plague, it's the lowest of the low.
  • Options
    I've been doing telesales for over 2 years now. I started when I started my Alevels. I finished them in June and I'm still working there. It's not all that bad really, but its not for everyone. My sister only lasted a week after her initial training because she hated it. But if you can get over the guilt and endless boredom then it's not too bad. Pays pretty well too, especially if you're willing to work evenings.