Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Friendship is a bitch

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
During my summer break from university, I undertook a lot of soul searching through a complete lack of finding any healthier way of spending my time and I got to thinking....

Does anyone else here find their friendships as difficult to maintain if not more difficult than their actual relationships. A lot of the time I seem to end up with mates who I feel don't appreciate me or simply can't be bothered with me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a larry no mates, it's my female friends i'm mainly referring to.

What do others think?

Comments

• Options
    sorry i'm unsure of what you are trying to say but during the summer i met up with one of my friends from high school (ok the only one left from high school i have) and she questioned whether I was gay and was i barking up the wrong tree by liking males? furthermore she questioned what i thought i'd be doing after graduation
  • Options
    Yes, I know what you mean. I have few different groups of mates and the ones I have known the longest don't seem to bother much with me

Like when we go out as a group, I'll chat with all of them for about 10mins and then that's it. We run out of things to say cos we are on different wave lengths now

I'm working in the big city, talking to real adults everyday and got my own little life away from them now. I'm not turning my nose up at them, but I would say I'm a lot mature then them, yet they are a year or two older then me!!

People just drift apart, I don't think my friends understand me, but then they don't have to. Only need to support me when I need it and try and help when they can. Like I do with them!
    I do think however that some of my friendships are one-way. Which can piss me off a lot.