Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

decisions, decisions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
got a problem, need some impartial advice. im cutting this really really short cos ive written the whole shebang out twice andthey never got posted cos i didnt subscribe to any forum (i am bright, honest!) anyway i get in touch with this girl i know, who i hadnt seen for a while, we said we'd go out. she then stood me up which i wasnt pleased about. im a bit of a prankster, she knows this, so when i said she'd broken my heart and id never forgive her, i didnt think she'd take it too seriously; i say it all the time. when i finally get hold of her TWO WEEKS LATER!!! she says she's madly in love with some other guy (who i dont think she's goin out with) and that she doesnt think its right to be stepping out with me. i didnt understand this at the time but eventually the penny dropped- i believe that she thought i wanted to be her boyf (i didnt at the time) and she was up for it until she meets this mystery guy. what i said about her breaking my heart must have really upset her (it was enough to stop her from speaking to me for 2 weeks!) cos i know she wouldnt want to hurt me etc etc. but now, after many sleepless nights thinking about it, ive realised that i really want to make a go of things with her cos i think we could have something special. since she told me she liked this other guy last week we've not spoken to each other, ( felt it was best if i gave her some space) but i want to tell her how i feel cos its eating me up inside. i dont really know how to approach on this cos its a sensitive enough time as it is. do i bite my tongue and see how long she goes on with this other guy, or do i tell her now and risk whatever consequences there may be. id really appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Options
    You missed your chance. She stood you up which was probably a hint.

She has a boyfriend now so just show her how mature you are and respect that. If it ends, then step in.
  • Options
    well huni, her standing you up is an obvious sign she really like this guy, just leave it, keep in contact with her, wait and see how it goes between her and her new fella, and then when they split up, step in and be there for her, and then tell her how u feel.
  • Options
    Sorry hun but I think you are fooling yourself. You want to believe that your flippant remark sent her into the arms of another but the fact that she stood you up and now has another relationship suggests that she didn't ever want a relationship with you.
  • Options
    What a bitch for standing you up. :mad: That should send you a clear signal about what she's really like, and what she thinks of you.
    What an utter cow for not saying what she really thinks, and putting you through all that crap and embarassment of being stood up. :mad:

Mr_Wobble ;)