Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Sexuality

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hia, ok *deep breaths*, recently i have come to terms with the fact i think im bi-sexual, i have not yet been with a girl just kissed one!
Im dead worried bout tellin my two best mates i dont know how the hell they will react! plus i have a bf im shit scared to tell him!! Do you think i should tell all of them? im dead scared to. I mean its not the end of the world, im into guys + girls but still.
Plus i have no idea how the hell to meet other girls! anyone wana help me with that aswel.
Thanks loadz! (oh and i didnt kno wher to post this hope it ok here!)

Comments

• Options
    Surely you shouldn't be thinking about meeting a girl whilst your still with your BF?? Unless he is ok with it and maybe wants to join in :):naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    Surely you shouldn't be thinking about meeting a girl whilst your still with your BF?? Unless he is ok with it and maybe wants to join in :):naughty:

lol no he isnt thinkin of joining in!! Um no i know i shouldnt but i just wana meet a few girls and stuff who are bi/lez n stuff dont think id do anything just yet, i dont know who knows!
  • Options
    hey Lickalotapuss , the girl just wants to meet people who have the same views as her.like, being bi or straight. i dont fink shes planning to like gettin with them whilst still with her bf.but wanted to meet people who understand whats shes goin through. i think, however,i am not tink so i do not know, but think this is what shes thinkin. wanting to meet people same as her. i think it is good your being open about your sexuality tink.good on ya!
  • Options
    Originally posted by pussy_palace
    hey Lickalotapuss , the girl just wants to meet people who have the same views as her.like, being bi or straight. i dont fink shes planning to like gettin with them whilst still with her bf.but wanted to meet people who understand whats shes goin through. i think, however,i am not tink so i do not know, but think this is what shes thinkin. wanting to meet people same as her. i think it is good your being open about your sexuality tink.good on ya!

yea u got it rite! thanx v.much. now lol bk to my q! :D
  • Options
    sound.hmm well i think you should bit by bit introduce that your bi to your mates and your bf. not just one day say, umm hey i dig chicks. its up to you if you want to be open with everyone. talking to people who are bi and that will probably pursuade you to either keep it bottled up, or tell everyone.thats wot i think but could be dead wrong.that help?!?
  • Options
    sound.hmm well i think you should bit by bit introduce that your bi to your mates and your bf. not just one day say, umm hey i dig chicks. its up to you if you want to be open with everyone. talking to people who are bi and that will probably pursuade you to either keep it bottled up, or tell everyone.thats wot i think but could be dead wrong.that help?!?

yup a bit thanks, just gona get few more oppinions 1st. thanks xx
  • Options
    Originally posted by **TiNk**
    thanks xx [/B]

ur welcome.
  • Options
    Hey Pussy palace, I was just making a comment which was partially serious and partially taking the piss, hence the :) at the end.

But my point was very valid. How would you feel if your partner confessed they were gay and then wanted to meet other gays? I know I wouldn't be happy about it but that is just me, maybe you wouldn't mind??
  • Options

But my point was very valid. How would you feel if your partner confessed they were gay and then wanted to meet other gays? I know I wouldn't be happy about it but that is just me, maybe you wouldn't mind??

I get ya! i wouldnt do that, anyway im not fully lesbian! lol u make it sound like i am! I just wana get to know ppl like bi/lez and stuff and then see how i feel, can we get bk to my origional post now pls! lol.
  • Options

But my point was very valid. How would you feel if your partner confessed they were gay and then wanted to meet other gays?

yeh valid point. its not as bad as it seems.its slightly different with gals being bi or wotever. quite a few gals are bi, and boyfriends are cool about it, and i thiink gals experiement more than guys. i know my man is fine with me being 'experimental'.
  • Options
    yeh valid point. its not as bad as it seems.its slightly different with gals being bi or wotever. quite a few gals are bi, and boyfriends are cool about it, and i thiink gals experiement more than guys. i know my man is fine with me being 'experimental'.

:| if i had a girlfriend experimenting with other girls its just out of order :| - tho i would probably be more upset if it was another guy.

but thats just me

try going onto gay/lesbian internet communities? therea are quite a lot of them i beleive.
  • Options
    Tink, i know how you feel, im the same! only ive not kissed a girl.

I'm wanting friends who are Bi/Les, but dont know where to start!!
    I'm scared too, and havent told my friends, but dropped hints like "why have 50 % of the population when you can have 100%!" lol!!
    My bf does know, and is ok with it. All i want is a bi/les best mate if you like!! im not gonna run off with them, or anything..... understand what i mean?.... maybe im talking crap!

*hides in a corner*
  • Options
    nope.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miss_Hermione_G

I'm scared too, and havent told my friends, but dropped hints like "why have 50 % of the population when you can have 100%!" lol!!

aww hehe same here anoying innit! lol wana talk!?!
  • Options
    its a werid feeling !!!

pm me anytime tink, or anyone who is in the same boat:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kayleygrub
    ^
    l
    l

The avator up there above my post is a good film.

Anyway, enough playing around with keys. For the record, I have kissed some girls. Nothing serious or though, I was rather drunk when it happened. No female feelings going on here though, but for the future, who knows...

and the point of saying that was....?

**tink** ive been in the same sitation, well similar. just be careful who you tel if you dont want everyone to know. i told 3 pf my friends and one of them told other people and before u know it people u dont want to know because they arent mature enough to deal with it find out and well im sure u can guess the rest! just be careful :)
  • Options
    Woot.. people like me :)

I'm finding myself lookin at girls and thinkin.. "phwoar.. I would!" lol. I seem to call myself Bi-Curious as I haven't done anything sexual with either sex.
    All my friends know, but see, I'm Me, and coz they know ME they understand and don't think much of it.
    I do tend to scare newly made friends though, when I start talking about the fit girl in Lower Sixth..
    People get used to me, I'm the kinda person you can't really ignore lol..
    No-one seems to be bothered by my lack of decision making when it comes to sexuality. In fact, it's great.. I can sit and read FHM with the guys and ogle at the fit girlies, and I can sit with my girly mates and read a copy of More and discuss Orlando Blooms fitness... It's brilliant!
    I really do fancy that girl in lower sixth though.. but she's not inclined that way apparently :(

Ilora x
  • Options
    thanks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    Woot.. people like me :)

I'm finding myself lookin at girls and thinkin.. "phwoar.. I would!" lol. I seem to call myself Bi-Curious as I haven't done anything sexual with either sex

I can sit and read FHM with the guys and ogle at the fit girlies, and I can sit with my girly mates and read a copy of More and discuss Orlando Blooms fitness... It's brilliant!

Ilora x

I call my self Bi- Curious too!

And i do that when im out on a sat night, tend to have more male mates to, they like it i think lol!

Hermy xx
  • Options
    I have to admit I'm kinda bi-curious too. But most lasses are, I'd reckon: they all ponder. I walk around town, and think "God, she's fit..I wonder if....?" Well, you know, but I dunno. Summat I'd like to try eventually. I can appreciate how a lass looks a little too much, probably. But no harm, I can understand where you are coming from. I'd say just word it in your head, find a moment, and confess. :)
  • Options
    If I were you, I'd only tell friends if absolutely necessary, otherwise they could have a bad reaction to you, and/or spread it around to people who will have a bad reaction.
    Oh, and don't cheat on your boyfriend because you're Bi, or "curious". Cheating is cheating.
    As for meeting bi girls, I'm sure it will happen in time. Before you start snogging, groping, screwing, fucking, them, think about how you'd feel if your boyfriend went off and fucked another bloke, thinking that it was somehow alright.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miss_Hermione_G

My bf does know, and is ok with it. All i want is a bi/les best mate if you like!! im not gonna run off with them, or anything..... understand what i mean?.... maybe im talking crap!

*hides in a corner*

I know what ya mean because I'm the same way. I have finally admitted, to myself, 2 years ago, when I was 19, that I am bi. I am proud to be bi, but just can't tell most of my friends and definately can't tell my family. Well, mostly all my family. The only one that knows that I am bi, in my family, is my sister. She is bi as well, but she came out to me first before I came out to her about me being bi.

I kind of feel the same about wanting to have some bi/lez friends as well, but I also don't know where to even begin to start looking.
  • Options
    Re: Sexuality
    Hia, ok *deep breaths*, recently i have come to terms with the fact i think im bi-sexual, i have not yet been with a girl just kissed one!
    Im dead worried bout tellin my two best mates i dont know how the hell they will react! plus i have a bf im shit scared to tell him!! Do you think i should tell all of them? im dead scared to. I mean its not the end of the world, im into guys + girls but still.
    Plus i have no idea how the hell to meet other girls! anyone wana help me with that aswel.
    Thanks loadz! (oh and i didnt kno wher to post this hope it ok here!)

As for your questions, I think, maybe, but only if you want to, maybe after you feel comfortable enough with your sexuality, that maybe you could slowly start by sitting down both of your best mates and telling them and maybe have like an open discussion or something with them.

Then maybe, at a later time, try talking to your bf about it and if he needs some space, to think about it, I would say just give him some space and hopefully he won't take it too hard or anything and leave him the option of that you will always be there if he would like to talk about it.

That's just a few suggestions of my own and I hope that they can help you some what along the way and hope, that what I had said, hasn't upset you or offended you. If so, I'm sorry, in advance.

I hope what I have said will help you out some what.
  • Options
    I find the best way to meet girls is at the pub personally. It's just like picking up a guy, but they have boobs and stuff.
    It's totally normal for you to be worried about your friends/boyfriends reaction. What you have to remember (and i know you've most probably heard it a squillion times before) is that if they have issues with you being you, they aren't worth your time. I know it's not quite that simple but hey, i've been there before, first off as a bi gal, like yourself, and then telling people I was gay. *shrugs* you get much better reactions to being gay than bi.

if you ever want a chat or just want to ask some questions, i'm here.
  • Options
    Re: Sexuality

how you doin :flirt:

im bi-curious i used to snog girls all the time and ive had a threesome with another ladie and a bloke but i cant wait for the one on one :naughty:
  • Options
    I think you should be careful who you tell until you're happy with your feelings. It's a lot harder getting back into the closet once you've burst out.

Don't cheat on your boyfriend - with either a male or female. If you think you may be attracted to girls in spite of being with him, ask him for a break in your relationship until you've figured yourself out.

You can meet loads of gay/bi girls online to chat to initially to talk about your feelings.

Call your local Gay & Lesbian Switchboard for advice and and on where to meet people locally.

Good luck! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kayleygrub

The other part was discussing my sexuality. Although I have kissed members of the same sex, I do not have any real feelings for any of them because that night was a drunken one time thing, for now.

Please don't start quoting me on every chance you get asking why I have posted things. I know you have a grudge against me, but it isnt really worth it because this is the internet. I regret making the first posts, and we've been through that. Thanks :)

you're rite, i dont like you, you're spiteful. and im not going to be nice to you just because this is the internet.

there was no point in you posting about kissing a girl and then say you dont have feelings for the same sex. not helpful to the thread, at all
  • Options
    I'd have to agree with watching which friends you tell. I'd probably only tell one friend to tell the truth and i'd pick that friend wisely.
    I've got two best mates and while i know one of them is salt of the earth and wouldn't bat an eyelid if i told them anything like that i know the other one would probably find it extremely difficult to deal with.
    I think a higher majority of women nowadays are bi-curious, it's just whether they act on it. I find women attractive but can honestly say i've never badly fancied a women and am not sure whether i could go to bed with one. *shrugs* never say never though i suppose.
  • Options
    It's tough sometimes, isn't it? I don't really know how to go about "picking up" girls. Without going to a gay club - I mean, otherwise you could get it very wrong...

As for telling your friends, if it would make you feel better in yourself my instinct would be to go for it. However, I once told someone only to discover that it actually shocked and hurt her. She didn't know how to react, and I ended up feeling worse. So perhaps you should "test the water" so to speak. If your friends are religious for example, make sure they won't judge you for it.

Well, that's my twopence worth.

PM me or whatever if you need. No good at the picking up girls thing (not managed it yet!), but I've "come out" to a few people so I kinda know what it's like.

Picc
    xxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    I don't really know how to go about "picking up" girls. Without going to a gay club - I mean, otherwise you could get it very wrong...

indeed.you dont wana get flirting with some gal you think is bi to find that she is realy straight.then you might feel stupid and may put you off chatting up gals.