Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Im starrting 2 worry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I only recently went on the pill ok and i just got 2 the sugar pills only my period hasnt appeared Im not sure if im freaking out for nothing coz its normal or what but ive been on the sugar pills for the past 3 days and Im starting 2 panic.

Can someone who has the sence to have found out stuff like this PLEASE PLEASE tell me if its normal :eek:

Comments

• Options
    See im not the only one who gets worried.
    You SHOULD come on within the next day, i came off the pill for my break on sunday and didnt come on till wednesday.
    If your still not on soon get urself a test lovey
  • Options
    it can take a while for your period to come, it used to take me 3days to come on when i was on the pill. You may just be missing a period cuz sometimes you do.
    If you dont come on this time i wouldnt worry badly id wait and see what happens next month...then start to worry if u dont come on! and get a pg test. xxx
  • Options
    Shit I dont know what 2 do!

The thing is that I know Im not gona get my period 2morow either coz I dont have the icky stomache cramps I get just before it comes.

Is it common 2 not get it at first coz the pill packet i have is only like 20days worth but I usualy have 25days between each one.
  • Options
    meh....sugar pills?
    don't understand. :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by candy
    meh....sugar pills?
    don't understand. :confused:

Some pill programmes have one or two placebos in the pack so that you dont get out of the habit of taking them every day, but you still have a period every month.

If you are stressed then sometimes your period can be delayed, and sometimes the period pattern doesnt settle down straight away after you go on the pill. If you havent come on by Friday then get down to your GP or FPC.
  • Options
    :crying:
    I am in so much shit if it doesnt work its self out.... Im gona get a test 2morow I think.
  • Options
    The 'period' that you have while on the pill is not the same as a period you would have while not taking the pill. So things like cramps etc generally don't happen so much. It usually takes a few days for the period to start once you take the break, and more so if you have only just gone on the pill.

I remember when I first started taking it there was a slight panic that it might not work but if you have taken it correctly you should be fine!
    However....is there a chance that you may have put yourself at risk of pregnancy before starting to take it!