Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

A Month to persuade!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been with my girlfriend for a year and a half, we have been liveing together for about 2 months.I thought it was all good and dandy, untill two days ago!!

She told me that she feels too young to settle down(shes 17) and she feels unhappy with me). She told me about five mins ago that she thinks we should finish!!

Im totally devasted, however she has paid rent untill the end of this month. So I have about a month to convince her to stay with me. I really truelly love her , I cant stop thinking about her.

This may sound pathetic, but how can I make her stay?
Any ideas on how to win her heart?
I realise she may leave no matter what I do, but im gonna fight untill that comes. At least then I'll know it wasn't meant to be:(

Comments

• Options
    haha, this is weird because I'm in the same situation, except I'm the one doing the splitting up. Um, if she's made her decision to levae then there's not much you can do except wait for her to decide to stay or she moves out. It is hard, esp. living together, and it'll be so much harder seeing each other everyday. Try and find out why she's bored with you, is it you don't go out, don't get on, what? As for the settling down, you're both young, so try and convince her that you won't be settling down and having babies if neither of you want that. Good luck, let us know how it goes :)
  • Options
    Cheers king of glasgow. I read your post too, We dont go out at all really. We're too jealous of each other you see.
    She has finished with me countless times before and changed her mind because she loves me. Strange thing is I spoke to her a minute a go and she says she still loves me but she feels shes made the right decision.

Im keep you updated
  • Options
    This is an awful situation for u to be in hun-but if u really do want to get her back don't make it really obvious by flowers, pressies...the lil things...make her a cuppa, do the washin up etc...show her what a damn fine person you are and maybe she will come to realise she doesn't want to leave you.

But take the time to prepare yourself for the split if you don't get her back...and remember we are all here for you on this board!
  • Options
    If you love her why do you want her to be unhappy?

If she says she is uphappy with you why do you want her to stay and be miserable?

Personally, I would let her go. Maybe some time on her own would either make her realise that yes, she is too young to settle down and she can enjoy the rest of her childhood/teenage years being a teenager or that she really misses you and wants you back.

Her previous indecisiveness shows that she really isn't sure about your relationship. It the long run it is better that this happens now than in a few years time when you might have joint debts and even kids!
  • Options
    where will she be goin when she moves out? back home or sharing with someone else? maybe once shes moved out she'll realise how mcuh she really doe slove you and misses you and want you back. maybe all she needs is a break to sort her head out or summat. good luck with this
    xxx