Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

experts.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
why do so many of them get it all so friggin wrong!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: experts.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    why do so many of them get it all so friggin wrong!

I don't know, but I have asked myself that very question so many times. They think that they know everything, but so very dead wrong.
    Re: Re: experts.
    Originally posted by MySuffice21
    I don't know, but I have asked myself that very question so many times. They think that they know everything, but so very dead wrong.
    i think the more we learn ...the more we realise how little we know.
    Re: Re: Re: Re: experts.
    Originally posted by J
    Surely as we get older the less we remember about what we knew?
    i have some knowledge books printed in 1918. when you read the astronomy stuff, the knowledge of the day was that we could now see the extent of the universe. why the rest of it around the edges was empty was a serious scientific question.
    i have some books from 1929 ...massive advances in the way of giant telescopes ...they were flabbergasted at what they saw ...it upended all kinds of 'truths'. they declared all kinds of new things
    based on what they could see and said ...'there can't be much more to see now. with such power we can see the edges of the entire universe.
    and time and technology kept making them ever more flabbergasted ...now we understand so little about this fucking amazing massiveness that we realise how little we know. but you still hear ...edges of the universe ...whats the next flabbergast then?
    I think it's a case of they come up with a theory based upon observation and experiments. As various advances are made, and new discoveries made, then current knowledge changes, and new theories and experiments are performed as further advances in science and technology are made, and hence our current understanding of the World, the Universe, and even ourselves, is continuously changing. And thank God it does, otherwise we'd still be stuck in the dark ages.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Originally posted by J
    Having said that, it's always wise to hold on to some things.
    Well, I'll continue to keep a hold of my balls then. :D

Mr_Wobble ;)