Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Legends of Extreme

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Extreme Sports channel are currently running a series of shows asking the public who they think is the Legend of Extreme sports.

Here's the Link

So who is your Legend? For me? It's a toss-up between Tony Hawks and Rodney Mullen. Very hard. Both masters in their own ways but I think Tony just edges it.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Mullen without a doubt.
  • Options
    Tony Hawks.
  • Options
    You see. I sway.

Mullen. Re-invented skating in the 80's. Created so many different tricks. But then.....

Birdman. Brought skating to the masses. And he is the vert king.
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    You see. I sway.

Mullen. Re-invented skating in the 80's. Created so many different tricks. But then.....

Birdman. Brought skating to the masses. And he is the vert king.

but bringing skating to the masses was not necessarily a good thing.
  • Options
    Seth Enslow without doubt, he's been pushing freestyle motocross for years and has broken pretty much everything there it to be broken in his body... i mean he fractured his fucking EYE SOCKET doing a huuuuuuuuuuge double, landed, smashed his face into his handlebars with such force his full face helmet split and a screw from fuck knows where on his bike shot up and into his eye socket.

there's only so much damage you can do to yourself skating, but on a machine capable of speeds in excess of 120mph? have you SEEN freestyle motocross? these guys are in the air some 50ft straight up, hell Seth completely fucking obliterated his mx bike jumping 300ft off a sand dune.

sure tony hawk et al all push boundaries when it comes to tricks but for sheer head fucking idiocy you need to watch some motocross videos THEN get back to me about 'extreme'.

while we're at it, Travis Pastrana, Brian Deegan and all those other crazy fuckers who pull BACKFLIPS on fucking crossers...

hmm, Mat Hoffman deserves props too though, he practically owns bmx as you probably don't know it... that said if you don't take interest in any of the people featured on that poll then you'll not know anything about what they've done, sure tony hawk is good but when the poll includes the word 'extreme' ou need to look up the definition of it then compare what each of the people does... i'm pretty sure if you measure out 300ft you'll realise just how fucking idiotically insane it is, the epitome of the word 'extreme'.

but then most of the people who watch that channel only know tony hawk... i bet he wins. :rolleyes: