Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

relationships from friends or strangers?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Which relationships do you think are the best? the ones from a first meeting or one from a long friendship?

I would always say from friends because it shows you already enjoy each other's company and you know the things you both like and don't like.

My dad told me that was crap and said I will never find anyone from a friend. He says that yet my brother and his girlfriend were mates for about a year before it developed. He said that they were an exception. I must say I think my dad is an exception because he met my mum in a wine bar and it went on from there.

He said to me that I should find somebody I don't know. The thing is I think that's a stupid idea. Finding someone that I have no idea wot they're like as a person and whether or not I have things in common with them. Friends however you know if you have or not and your instincts tell you whether it's worth giving it a shot and trying to develop the friendship into something more.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think both can work. It's nice to be able to be mates with someone first, but the only problem there is that it's nearly impossible to go back to being mates when you split up.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I suppose if you go the stranger route then you would have made a good friend in the end if nothing ever materialises into a relationship :)

.:Crispy:.