Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

is this it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
does anyone else feel like right now and for the next year ahead in college/uni that all there is going to be is going to college/uni, coming home and doing more study and then working in what ever job you do? i do and its so fucking depressing. i spent all day yesterday doing college work and when i woke up i was back to studying again. i just feel like chucking it! :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    there are times when we feel like hamsters doing the same things every day day in and day out why not see if theres anything else you'd like to try and do it or try doing things in a different order etc
  • Options
    this is exactly what i have been worrying about. when i was doing my a levels, all i seemed to be doing was treking to college, going to a dull job and then working whenever i felt like it, sometimes for hours. i've decided that your life doesn't have to be totally consumed by college/uni work. decide what you want to do with your week, adding in more exciting activities like working out, going out, shopping - stuff like that. draw up a weekly timetable and stick to it. you'll have to fit in quite a lot of hours of study, but i think that planning everything out will stop you from working too much. i've read that doing a full time course is the same as doing a full time job - you should be doing 30-40 hours of work per week. i'll be in classes for around 15 hours each week, so i'll dedicate around 15 hours to private study. the rest of the time is gonna be mine :P
  • Options
    If you see the studying as a chore then youre doing it wrong.

Though when an essays due I feel the same *sigh*
  • Options
    You've chosen to study so it should be something you want to do. You certainly shouldn't be thinking thats all there is to life though....if you organise your time properly you can fit loads in and make life completely varied.
  • Options
    meh, yeh :mad: :banghead:

i'm stuck being a 3rd year at college while my mates are having a cracking time at uni :rolleyes:

meanwhile, i'm fulltime at college monday-friday and work saturday and sunday...so very, very tedious :impissed: