Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

wedding

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
im going to a wedding next week and i have a lovely sort of long indian red, velvet skirt to wear but i have no idea what to wear on top. i hate shopping and i have just been round the shops in edinburgh and nothing appeals to me. i dont even know what colours would go with it im that bad at colour co-ordination and shopping :confused:

what would you suggest?? any suggestions would be welcome :)

PS its a family wedding so it has to be something "conservative"

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by BritJames
    You wanna stick to the Indian theme?

nope. not really fussed. its just a really pretty skirt, thats all :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you're talking colours you could go all red with a red top too, or you could go with a white top... that'd look purdy... or black... or... i'll shuddup now.
    I agree with Lady T .... however you could have something oriental to fit in with the skirt and if theres a pattern on it in some colour then match that colour with the top
    A pretty and demure white shirt would be nice for a wedding - not your avg white shirt, something a bit more frilly or lacy.

Black might be a bit too evening-like with a long red skirt...
    I would wear a black blouse with it.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    thanks for your replies guys. i ended up getting a nice white shirt. the 2 seem to go quite well together :)