Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

What a joke!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
http://www.thefa.com/application?origin=template.jsp&pageid=maximise&pageName=home&pillar=home&contentId=67135&contentType=1&subContentType=1

Arsenal have been charged with misconduct for failing to ensure the proper behaviour of their players. This constitutes a breach of FA Rule E21(a).

Six Arsenal players have also been charged:

Ashley Cole has been charged with improper conduct (breach of FA Rule E1) for his involvement in a confrontation with Manchester United player Cristiano Ronaldo after the final whistle

Martin Keown has been charged with improper conduct (E1) for confronting Manchester United player Ruud van Nistelrooy following the penalty miss, and with violent behaviour (breach of Rule E2) for striking van Nistelrooy on the back of the head following the final whistle

Lauren has been charged with two counts of improper conduct (E1), for confronting van Nistelrooy after Patrick Vieira's sending-off, and for confronting Manchester United player Ryan Giggs after the final whistle. He has also been charged with two counts of violent behaviour (E2), for kicking out at Manchester United player Quinton Fortune following the penalty award, and for forcibly pushing van Nistelrooy in the back following the final whistle

Jens Lehmann has been charged with improper conduct (E1) for confronting referee Steve Bennett after Patrick Vieira's second yellow card and for then persistently seeking to confront van Nistelrooy

Ray Parlour has been charged with improper conduct (E1) for confronting van Nistelrooy after the final whistle, and with violent behaviour (E2) for grabbing at Manchester United player Gary Neville from behind shortly afterwards

Patrick Vieira has been charged with improper conduct (E1) for failing to leave the field of play following his sending-off, and for instead seeking to confront van Nistelrooy and engaging in a verbal exchange with Fourth Official Neale Barry

In addition, action has been taken against the following Manchester United players:

Ryan Giggs has been charged with improper conduct (E1) for his involvement in a confrontation with Lauren after the match had ended

Cristiano Ronaldo has been charged with improper conduct (E1) for confronting Martin Keown at the conclusion of the match

Philip Neville has been warned as to his future conduct regarding a confrontation with Lauren following Vieira's sending-off

All they will get is a fine, which is pointless, probably not even a weeks wages. I'd also like to know exactly what Ronaldo was supposed to do with them all bearing down on him. I suppose the FA were just worried that Wenger would whinge some more and say they are biased. Mind you with David Dein on the panel they'll probably get away with it.

Fucking pathetic.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Ok Maybe I've gone over the top there. The charges of improper conduct will be a fine, the violent conduct should lead to a suspension though (Keown, Lauren, Parlour).

I think the big one is Arsenal failing to control thier players.
  • Options
    I notice how RvN is not listed above. I think his professionism (In this instance) should be commended. He could very easy have hit out at all the players hounding him after the match.

Surely other players (including himself!!) could take this example and work on it.
  • Options
    Just seen it on tv again, Ronaldo was right in there. Well done Christiano, shame you didn't make contact with the ugly ****.
  • Options
    This means that the FA have to keep this standard of conduct to a high level because people like Roy keane always hound the Ref and get away with it.

They can't make Arsenal an example to the rest of the football league and then not to treat the other clubs with the same stringent punishment.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cheezie Grin
    This means that the FA have to keep this standard of conduct to a high level because people like Roy keane always hound the Ref and get away with it.

They can't make Arsenal an example to the rest of the football league and then not to treat the other clubs with the same stringent punishment.

If it was just one incident of hounding the referee I'm sure they would have got away with it. You seem to missing the rest of the charge sheet.

Typical biased comment.
  • Options
    Originally posted by godscop
    Just seen it on tv again, Ronaldo was right in there. Well done Christiano, shame you didn't make contact with the ugly ****.
    So it is ok for the scum players to do it :rolleyes:

Typical biased comment
  • Options
    Originally posted by godscop

Yep, very good mate :rolleyes:

I've got this theory about Van Nistelrooy. He's cleverer than people give him credit for. Everyone goes on about how he could have gone down, but he knew if he stayed on his feet, it'd look worse on the Arsenal players. Which it has.

As I say, he's a lot smarter than people give him credit for. Whereas someone like Pires is just blatant.
  • Options
    Typical Biased comment??? I'm making the point of saying that after the handbags on Sunday, the FA have to throw these charges at anyone whose caught doing the same thing.

No biased about it!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Yep, very good mate :rolleyes:

I've got this theory about Van Nistelrooy. He's cleverer than people give him credit for. Everyone goes on about how he could have gone down, but he knew if he stayed on his feet, it'd look worse on the Arsenal players. Which it has.

As I say, he's a lot smarter than people give him credit for. Whereas someone like Pires is just blatant.

Right, so in 0.5 seconds Van Nistelrooy, seeing Vieira kick at him, has thought "If I don't dive here I could get the whole Arsenal team on violent conduct charges, so I'll just jump back a bit". lol
    Typical Biased comment??? I'm making the point of saying that after the handbags on Sunday, the FA have to throw these charges at anyone whose caught doing the same thing.

Alright Cheezie grin, I was quite wound up yesterday. :)