Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Insomnia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I been sleeping really badly lately. Last night I woke up at least 6 times at various times in the morning. I am now truly exhausted. I was awake so much I wasn't sure if I got back to sleep or not. I was even awake at about 6 and was awake for long enough to hear my radio going off at half past. I did get back to sleep at like 7 and was nearly late. Pah. Needing help here people!

Comments

• Options
    It depends entirely how long you've been having the problem, if its been 3-4 weeks or more then its probally a doctor thing, however if not, then I'd just advise the usual, dont have any caffine, exercise etc.

If you want a run down of the chemical treatments then I did one a while ago, in this section under the heading, 'I cant sleep' or something like that.
  • Options
    Have a look at our sleep factsheets
    The sleep council also have an excellent website with loads of really useful sleeping tips:
    http://www.sleepcouncil.com/
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    It depends entirely how long you've been having the problem, if its been 3-4 weeks or more then its probally a doctor thing, however if not, then I'd just advise the usual, dont have any caffine, exercise etc.

If you want a run down of the chemical treatments then I did one a while ago, in this section under the heading, 'I cant sleep' or something like that.

I've been like it for like a year! And I don't have a lot of caffeine anyway :confused: But I will look at the things when I got more time!
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Heres that thread I was talking about;

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46233&highlight=cant+sleep

Arent I nice.

Yes you are :) Thankyou! Like I said I'll try and look at it like tomorrow or something when I get more 'net time!
  • Options
    I was talking to my sister the nurse about it and she was recomending melatonin, its a hormone (I think) which regulates your body clock, and taken for two weeks in a row can re-set your sleep patterns.

However it is not available on script here from your GP, its only a special hospital script, although it can be bought in the US and I presume over the internet.