Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Standalone DivX Player

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I came across this and it sooo cool

http://www.geexbox.org/en/index.html

It's a standalone DivX player - it's actually a 4mb version of Linux that you copy to a Blank CD and you put it in your drive and boot from it and then you can insert a CD and play DivX, VCD or DVD Movies.

You can even make Bootable DivX movies by puttin gth movie on the same CD if there's room.

No need to even have a Hard Drive or Floppy Drive!!

Comments

• Options
    Another similar program

http://movix.sourceforge.net/
  • Options
    sounds good. get the machine to boot from a flash device and u dont have to swap disks so u can make a nice cheap pro looking set top box.

also ave a look at this

dvd player
  • Options
    Originally posted by RonHaze
    sounds good. get the machine to boot from a flash device and u dont have to swap disks so u can make a nice cheap pro looking set top box.

also ave a look at this

dvd player

Yeah I posted that one before .. but ther's a newer version available that plays even more formats.

I'm now accessing this website using a 50mb bottable Linux CD called DamnSmall Linux .. and it just worked perfectly without needing to set up anything .. just when straight into the internet!!

Pretty impressed!!
  • Options
    I justf ound there's an ISO Generator for GeexBox, you just put the AVI file in the ISo directoty and run make ISo and it makes you a complete CD with the movie and player all in one and when you boot from this it runs the movie for you - perfect for thos who are a bit thick when it comes to PC's.