Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Kylie's new album

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Kylie Minogue's ninth studio album will be titled 'City Games' and is set for release this November.

Although reports are hazy and not being substantiated by the label (although the initial press release, it seems, was), we can confirm that the album will hit record shops across the UK on November 17th and includes 11 new tracks which are set to have more of an urban feel, and less commercial than 2001's 'Fever'.

Co-writers that are reported to be contributing include the production team of the Neptunes, Cathy Dennis, Emiliana Torrini and Kurtis Mantronik (who we both recently reported as working with Kylie here on soundgenerator). Kylie's sister Dannii Minogue is also guesting on at least one track.

The reported tracklisting is as follows (subject to change):

Slow
City Games
You Make Me Feel
E-Z St
In The Dark
How Can You Say No?
Second Thoughts
Heavy Handed
Fly
Attention Seeker
That Certain Something
Beat U

As revealed last week, 'Slow' will be the first single taken from the LP, out in the UK on November 3rd.

Thought someone might be interested :p
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    :hyper:

Amazing to think it's her 9th studio album, eh?

Yep, I'll be buying that :thumb:
  • Options
    I bought Fever, and although it's a good album, it does get a bit samey after a while. But to be honest, I'm a bit disappointed to see her working with the Neptunes - they seem to be collaborating with everyone at the moment, and i'm not a huge fan of their music!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    :hyper:

Amazing to think it's her 9th studio album, eh?

Yep, I'll be buying that :thumb:

I find it amusing that I bought her first album - I was about 7! - and still like her now at 23! Can't say that about many artists can you?! :D