Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Poll Responses

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why, if repsonding to a poll, do many people vote, then reply to the thread with a one-word post saying what they voted for? Is it so everyone knows who voted for what, or is it because people want to increase their post count by 2 instead of 1?

Comments

• Options
    I never vote, only reply.

No one really checks the votes, so it doesn't matter.
  • Options
    I didn't know you could get 2 posts by voting and posting.
  • Options
    It's nice to see the reasons why people pick the options though. I agree, one word replies are a bit pointless, but if there were no replies, the poll would be a bit boring really wouldn't it?
  • Options
    The one word replies, without explanation, are a bit of a waste. However, if you remember what they said, then it helps build up a picture of that person over time. Some people like others to know what they voted, even if they can't be arsed to explain it.
    Personally, I reckon that if you're going to make a posting about the way you voted, then at least make an effrort to explain why.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options

No one really checks the votes, so it doesn't matter.

I check the votes, depending on what it is like :)