Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The Message (1976) - story of Islam....[127]

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
As 1 of the comments point out, why o why has this not been shown on TV? They show James Bond every month!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074896/

The Message (1976), directed by Moustapha Akkad. Tagline: The story of Islam.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074896/usercomments
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074896/usercomments-13

Some of the comments:

For a while before Akkad decided to make a movie about the life of Prophet Mohammed and the beginnings of Islam, many never even dared talking about making the movie. In Islam, it is prohibited to impersonate any of the prophets, but Akkad found a way around it. With soft sad music, and powerful camera work, we felt the presence of Mohammed without having to see him. The battle scenes in the movie were very well executed, and the story was told as is. Great movie, highly recommended.

this film is without doubt one of the finest historical epics of recent times. the epic sweep, acting, and cinematography is reminiscent of david lean. a finely told story of one of the worlds great religions. a shame then then that it has never been seen outside the (mostly) moslem community. the message is a must for anyone who appreciates fine cinema and a basic understanding of islam. it is beyond my comprehension this film has never been shown on television (including movie channels!)islam is so misunderstood by the west. in my opinion one showing of 'the message' can rectify that mistake.

The truth about the message is that it is an epic high budget film, that was made twice for two different countrys, it includes such enourmus actors such as Anthony Quinn. It is legendary story that matches up to Brian Deacon's "Jesus" and Charlton Heston's "The Ten Commandments" It's portrayel of Islam is true and touching, it teaches the morals of peace and honor, while still maintaining it's role as a War epic. Don't pass up this movie simply because of the religion it speaks of.

We must appreciate all casts for their performances and the way that they reflect the realities of the past life of Muslims. Besides, they are successful since they perform their roles as if they are real Muslims. Finally, I want to say that Anthony Quinn performs his best role in his career.

The message is one of the greatest and most under rated movies in the history of film making, the only reason it did'nt win awards or did'nt get the reputation of the other great movies is because it's about the birth of Islam , a religion not really loved by the media.

I have seen both the Arabic version, and the English version. This movie was not dubbed from English to Arabic or from Arabic to English. A movie was created for each language with different cast both movies are very accurate and extremely well executed. The movie depicts Islam in its true form. Islam is about peace, equality, and freedom, war is only a last resort to free Muslims from persecution and oppression. The movie also shows the bond that exists between Islam and other religions. There is a lot more to Islam than what the movie shows but it's a good overall introduction to how Islam started and what it stands for. I highly recommend this movie to Muslims and non-Muslims. Movie buffs will love the movie because of the performance of the actors as well as the scenery; this movie was filmed in Morocco and Libya. You are in for another treat if you watch the director's commentary after the movie, it shows how the movie was made and to what great length Moustapha Akkad went to in order to preserve authenticity, you will also get a brief look at Muslims from around the world.

"The Message" shows the beginning of Islam in perfect picture as confirmed by muslim authorities around the world. Watching this movie will be a pleasure and a learning experience for both muslims and non-muslims trying to watch and perceive the film without prejudice. "The Message" is a masterpiece indeed.

It was absolutely genius. The story was about Mohammed, yet he was not shown during the entire film. I thought it was a great historical film and should be recognized along with the other great classics like "The Ten Commandments and Ben-Hur.

It's an excellent production and I believe that most of the players of the film became Muslim after the film.THANKS
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    omg...your back

did you get kicked off all the other forums for copying and pasting total rubbish so you thought you'd come back here?
  • Options
    I thought Aisha was banned for being an annoying preacher person and constantly quoting the Qo'ran?
  • Options
    No, not banned, just warned.

Like GWST said, you cannot compare James Bond to a film about the beginnings of Islam surely? James Bond is meant to be entertaining rather than infomrative. I personally find very little entertainment in the beginnings of any religion....
  • Options
    Re: The Message (1976) - story of Islam....[127]
    Originally posted by Aisha
    As 1 of the comments point out, why o why has this not been shown on TV? They show James Bond every month!

Because noone cares. Really. Noone.

Anyone that does already knows the story anyway.