Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Photographers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone knows the name of some good photgraphers?

Comments

• Options
    Kevin Carter... might be somewhat hard to get hold of tho.....
  • Options
    Primarily searching for black/white work, but if I find something equally in color, that'll also do :)
  • Options
    What sort of photography are you looking for? Portraits, landscapes...
  • Options
    david bailey?
  • Options
    That's the thing, want something a bit twisted.
    Lanscapes are okay, but they need to have something unatural about them, otherwise it's just a landscape.
    Not too fond of faces on pictures. But if the face is shadowed, or you can only see the body from the behind or something like that, then it can do as well.

Surreal is good.
  • Options
    Moi? :D

Ok, so what are you looking for. A particular genre, or style, of photography? A well known name, or any good photographer? Are you looking to compare them, or what?

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Christopher Myers
    Pesi Girsh (Israeli lady - wonderful!)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    http://www.darkdoors.com/gallery/photo_show.htm

maybe not what you're after, but some nice stuff in there
    I only seem to be able to look at the "people" album there, but I find it quite amateurish... some of the pics just look like ones Average Joe could take of his mates. I would be interested to see the concepts and artistic albums as I bet that person has some lovely stuff there! Can anyone else access those pages?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    want something a bit twisted.
    Lanscapes are okay, but they need to have something unatural about them, otherwise it's just a landscape.
    Not too fond of faces on pictures. But if the face is shadowed, or you can only see the body from the behind

Surreal is good.
    Hmmm, I know of a site that has many different categories that you can search, and is mainly for enthusiastic amateurs. www.photosig.com
    If you do enough searching on there you will find something that will fit the bill, I'm sure

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Moi? :D

Ok, so what are you looking for. A particular genre, or style, of photography? A well known name, or any good photographer? Are you looking to compare them, or what?

Mr_Wobble ;)

Want some good pictures, which can be a bit thought-inspiring (depending on who views them of course, all depends on perception in the end) and which can handlæe some photoshop manipulation :D

Show me some stuff you've done.
  • Options
    That's cool. But not the exact style I am looking for :)

Btw, emptied my inbox.
  • Options

Show me some stuff you've done.
    What, so you can just steal my photos!? :eek: :mad:
    This is the sort of landscapes I like to take, given the opportunity.
    And this is probably the most surreal one due to the amount of darkroom work...

spiral_b_2.jpg

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Mind if I steal your work, and manipulate it?
    I like it, I really do.

I'll of course credit and show you what I've done.
  • Options
    Mind if I steal your work, and manipulate it?
    I like it, I really do.

I'll of course credit and show you what I've done.
    Depends upon what you're going to do with it? What are you doing it for, and where will you be displaying it?

I have a few more pics, not landscape though, if you want to have a look, but don't think you'll find anything that quite fits the bill...

More Wobbly pics

Mr_wobble ;)
  • Options
    For lj background, if you let me, and if iÍ decide to :)
  • Options
    For lj background
    Well, if that's all it's for, then yes, go on, you can use it on your background. Credit me as Mr_Wobble, give me a mention and link to the page you took it from in your journal, and I'll be happy. That is, of course, if you deem my photos worthy of gracing your Live Journal page. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Well, if that's all it's for, then yes, go on, you can use it on your background. Credit me as Mr_Wobble, give me a mention and link to the page you took it from in your journal, and I'll be happy. That is, of course, if you deem my photos worthy of gracing your Live Journal page. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)

Depends on my photoshop skills :p
    If I can fix something I've made, then there'll be no wobble background...
  • Options
    wobble: that beetle at Santa Pod is an awesome photo. congratulations. is it just a hobby? i prefer your car ones to nature ones.
  • Options
    Wow, there are some real cool pics you guys are taking, hope you're entering them in competitions.

I know loads of website that have phtography competitons and the ones some of you are showing are way better then the one that have won in the past.
  • Options
    wow.......
    thsoe photographs are amazing mr_wobble. I especially like the spur point ones - the first one in particular. Kinda looks like gravestones.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mrkikiet
    wobble: that beetle at Santa Pod is an awesome photo. congratulations. is it just a hobby? i prefer your car ones to nature ones.
    Which Beetle photo? It was a hobby, then I managed to do some part-time freelancing (semi-pro I suppose), but it's back to being a hobby as it never really paid, and I had copyright problems with some people, and a magazine giving me a whole load of grief due to the arrogant ****s that ran it. I was broke, and gave up.

DiamondGeezer
    hope you're entering them in competitions.
    Not anymore, unless I find a competition, and know I have a photo that will fit it exactly. There's one photo I haven't got on there, but has won me a couple of cameras in competitions in the past.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Do you make special trips to find all these places?

These pics are really amazing ..

Unless you have a fantastic day job I'd pursue it

Put together a portfolio and send it into magazines and stuff like that!!

What do you use Digital or SLR?
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Do you make special trips to find all these places?

These pics are really amazing ..

Unless you have a fantastic day job I'd pursue it

Put together a portfolio and send it into magazines and stuff like that!!

What do you use Digital or SLR?
    Yes, but I used to live 45 mins from Westonbirt, I now live 40 mins from Spurn Point, and used to go to the dragstrips about 15 times a year.
    Thank you.
    Have a crappy day job, but can't quite make it with photography, it's very expensive.
    I don't consider my portfolio to be up to date, or comprehensive, at the moment, and it'd cost too much to bring it up to date.
    Still using SLR's (35mm). Can't afford digital or medium format.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Yeah I hardly touch my SLR now, hooked on Digital ... it offers one major thing Film Photography doesn't - FREEDOM.

You can just take a photo and not worry that the film is going to waste .. that's been the major benefit I've found with Digital Photography .. I'd love a Digital SLR but they're way too pricy. PLus they're kinda bulky anyway you can't take an SLR clubbing for instance!!

Instead have a Minolta Xt compact Camera which still takes very good photos for it's tiny size.

It's like my 5th Digital Camera - I buy them from Costco and since they have unlimited returns I just take them back when they start selling a better camera!!