Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Any F1 fans here?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
If so, who do you support?

My allegiances lie with Alonso and Montoya! (and Button and Fisichella further back).

I could talk on F1 for HOURS, btw, so be warned!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah, I do like to watch F1, I like to see a varied mix of winners, rather than Ferrari dominance alll the bloody time!

I prefer BTCC!
  • Options
    i used to like both, but theyve gone downhill over the years now, F1 seems to have been a bit better this season but not great as the last race showed, to be honest you cant get much better than motogp this season especially as the bikes are as fast and exoctic as F1 cars, i went to donnington and theres only one way to describe it and thats damm sexy
  • Options
    I HATE Ferrari.

And I HATE Schu (but I'll concede that he's world class).

So anyone but them.

Sadly it looks as if Ferrari/Schu will win their respective titles- although the former is not so in the bag.
  • Options
    I watched Shumacher as kid before he even made the breakthrough to F1, so I support him mainly!

But also like to see Jordan and Eddie Irvine do well too (been Irish and all). At least shcu is been challenegd this year and Alonso and Raikonen look good for the future of the sport!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    I watched Shumacher as kid before he even made the breakthrough to F1, so I support him mainly!

But also like to see Jordan and Eddie Irvine do well too (been Irish and all). At least shcu is been challenegd this year and Alonso and Raikonen look good for the future of the sport!

Eddie retired at the end of 2002 :p But I agree he was a great driver and guy... i wish he'd won the title in 1999! (he would have done if the current points system had been used)

I used to hate Schumacher with a passion, but when Hakkinen and McLaren were winning I disliked them even more, and I was impressed with how he dragged Ferrari back up, so I supported them for the last few years. Then when Alonso got the Renault drive I expected him to be special after seeing him driving the Minardi in 2001, and also I've been supporting Montoya since his CART days, so they've got my support ATM. I hope Jordan get out of the current financial crisis - its depressing seeing how downhill they've come since the championship challenge of 1999. It's rumourewd Abramovich is interested in them...

I am a truly obsessive F1 fan - I keep most of the races on tape (my collection goes back to Silverstone 1992!) and have subscriptions to all the magazines and have over 50 F1-related books, so there's not much I miss, lol. I've only ever been to one GP, though, the 1999 European GP (which Herbert won).
  • Options
    ANYONE but ferrari! and shumacher:mad:
  • Options
    Re: Any F1 fans here?
    Originally posted by Rocks
    My allegiances lie with Alonso and Montoya! (and Button and Fisichella further back).

I'm a massive F1 fan, and my 4 favourite drivers are....exactly the same 4 you named, Rocks. (I'm also doing geography at uni, this is getting weird....)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Any F1 fans here?
    Originally posted by openup
    I'm a massive F1 fan, and my 4 favourite drivers are....exactly the same 4 you named, Rocks. (I'm also doing geography at uni, this is getting weird....)

What uni do you go to?

'tis weird! :p
  • Options
    yep, my dad works for McLaren so I, not surprisingly, support McLaren. I hate Ferrari with a passion and love watching Ferraris crash/blow up:p
  • Options
  • Options
    oooh i love it!

have always been a McLaren fan :D
    met David Coulthard and Mika Hakkinen at Silverstone a few years ago :hyper:
    and now I'm supporting Kimi

I think Schumacher should just give it up and let someone else have a turn.
  • Options
    Common Montoya!!
  • Options
    I support Maclaren - Kimi :p David Coulthard isn't doing so well this season. I also think Juan Pablo Montoya is an excellent driver, as well as having a cool name!
  • Options
    I got hooked to watching the F1 when M. Schumacher and M. Häkkinen were battling for victory. Woke up even in the middle of the night to watch the non-Europe GPs. :D
    But after Schumacher started winning non-stop I stopped being as passionate about it. Now that there is more competition I might plug myself in again for next season. :)

I've always supported M. Schumacher and had a weak spot for Ralfie (I'm a Germany lover ;)). I don't really support any teams although being a Schumacher fan it's nice seeing Ferrari win. I however don't like Barichello and didn't like Irvine, so meh...