Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

if you could..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
if you could, would you start a whole new life tomorow?

new location, new friends, new daily routine. new everything.....

Comments

• Options
    no, i like my life! its not perfect, some things i want that i dont have right now..but i aim to get them :)
  • Options
    nope.

it's hardly the sound of music, but i've got this far.
  • Options
    Not if I had to change all of it.
  • Options
    Maybe. I dunno..new location, definitely. I know where I'd like to go :)
  • Options
    yes definatley, dont ask me why its too personal nut i would give anythign for a new life

nuff sed

Rossco
  • Options
    Maybe.
  • Options
    HELL YEAH
  • Options
    Re: if you could..
    Originally posted by molo
    if you could, would you start a whole new life tomorow?

new location, new friends, new daily routine. new everything.....
    molo ...do you have to do a runna?
    i actualy did walk out of my life around 1986 ...literaly walked out of my home, walked out on my life and made big changes. left people and belongings behind and started afresh ...best thing i ever did.
  • Options
    morrocan roll, what made you do this i know im going a bit off topic here but im interested coz i'd love to do what u did all those years ago but im basically too scared too. how and why did u do it?
  • Options
    Re: Re: if you could..
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    molo ...do you have to do a runna?
    i actualy did walk out of my life around 1986 ...literaly walked out of my home, walked out on my life and made big changes. left people and belongings behind and started afresh ...best thing i ever did.

no, not quite. its just movin to uni. leavin all my friends and my town behind. and the fact my mum is movin country so coming back in the holidays won't be as easy.

it just sunk in tonight how much i'm going to miss everything. and basically it seems crap.
  • Options
    I don't know. Maybe
  • Options
    i could change my surroundings but no who i am :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: if you could..
    no, not quite. its just movin to uni. leavin all my friends and my town behind. and the fact my mum is movin country so coming back in the holidays won't be as easy.

it just sunk in tonight how much i'm going to miss everything. and basically it seems crap.
    molo ...them sounds big enough changes to unsettle anyone ...especialy if your close to your mum ...which every good man should be ...all the best in coping mate and i'm sure you will.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind giving it a go sometimes, especially as my life is feeling a bit stalled at the moment. I suppose I would if I could go back to my old life if I wished.

But people change, and situations change all the time. For example, Molo, you're going away, will make some new friends, keep in touch with some old friends, and loose others. You may go back, you may stay, you may go somewhere else. Our lives change all the time, sometimes dramaticly, drasticly, or suddenly, or sometimes just in little subtle ways until one day you realise how different it has become.
    Ask anybody where they were, and even who they were (eg personality) ten years ago, and they will tell you how things have changed. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse, or just.... different. I suppose you could say it's growing up, and growning personally.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: if you could..

Ahh I'm the same. I leave on Saturday and leave for a whole new life. I know all my family and friends (who are all taking gap years) will still be here, but I just feel like something is really about to change...forever.

My friendship group has started to drift apart what with people already having full-time jobs and boyfriends, but the past few times we've been out we've had such a laugh and I feel sad I have to leave that. I also get on so well with my parents now and I will miss them so much.

But the way I see it, is that it's better to leave when you get on well with people, so you leave with good memories.

But I'll still miss everyone and although I'm excited....I'm really, really, really scared. :crying:

We'll be ok. :) Life is about change.
  • Options
    yes. id change everything if i could
  • Options
    hmmmm i don't think i would at all actually
  • Options
    I've always thought of being at uni a bit like being half way between one life and the next. While I'm at uni I'm living a whole different life to at home, but I'm not completely independent yet. I think uni is a good way of leaving home - you'll be surrounded by hundreds of thousands of people going through the exact same feelings!

And you'll love it! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    no, i like my life! its not perfect, some things i want that i dont have right now..but i aim to get them :)

ditto
  • Options
    I'm starting a new life next week! (at uni)

I'll be released from this boring place (i haven't had a night out since August 4th... and that was when i was in london), swap the sheep for the city of Liverpool, makes lots of new friends (hopefully), get an exciting routine (better than wake up, surf net for 12 hours, go to bed), etc. etc.