Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Dear oh dear

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=soccer/03/09/18/SOCCER_Rangers_Berg.html&TEAMHD=soccer

Rangers fans are very exited about this aren't they? Finally they will be noticed. I'm sure the world will be very impressed with the wide variation of songs about killing Catholics.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    It's a shame, there's almost an acceptance of their scummy behaviour up here. The media draw very little attention to it (if any), and if it happened in England, it'd be stamped out.

Nazi salutes, rejoicing in the death of innocents, and it's not even like it's a minority. They're all at it, and the once who don't are in the vast, vast minority.

I hope their scummy behaviour gets shown up when they get to Old Trafford, and I hope they get kicked out of Europe and go bankrupt.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    It's a shame, there's almost an acceptance of their scummy behaviour up here. The media draw very little attention to it (if any), and if it happened in England, it'd be stamped out.

Nazi salutes, rejoicing in the death of innocents, and it's not even like it's a minority. They're all at it, and the once who don't are in the vast, vast minority.

I hope their scummy behaviour gets shown up when they get to Old Trafford, and I hope they get kicked out of Europe and go bankrupt.

It's a bit sad that your jealousy of success turns into sheer hatred.

Aberdeen fans:

Rejoice in the death of 66 innocents in the second Ibrox Disaster.

Sing about the early death of Davie Cooper.

Hail Neil Simpson as a hero after a career-ending tackle he made on a Rangers player.

And lately we've had one of your scum fans try to attack our player, whilst all of the sheep at the game hailed the pitch invader.

We wont kid on here. EVERY Aberdeen fan that visits Ibrox does this. Any that say otherwise are liars.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

You don't get lower than Aberdeen fans.
  • Options
    Originally posted by EssEmm
    It's a bit sad that your jealousy of success turns into sheer hatred.

Hardly. There are so many more reasons to hate you lot.

And lately we've had one of your scum fans try to attack our player, whilst all of the sheep at the game hailed the pitch invader.

He was a Celtic fan. And not all the fans were hailing him, I can assure you. No footballer should have to put up with that, even if he is a prick.

We wont kid on here. EVERY Aberdeen fan that visits Ibrox does this.

How in God's name can you say that? That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

You don't get lower than Aberdeen fans.

Hmm, OK. I admire the way you swerved the point of this thread, but I can honestly say I've never sung about the Iborx disaster, or rejoiced in the death of Davie Cooper.

Can I ask, have you ever sung about Fenian blood? Or made a Nazi salute?

Just out of interest :)
  • Options
    Of course we're excited. After not being in the CL for a couple of years, and narrowly losing out on the second stage for the previopus years, we are excited about our genuine change of progression in Europe.

The behaviour of fans is vastly exaggerated. I have not missed a home game when i've been at home since 1999, and its is the very very few who bring shame to the club. The club is doing its best to stamp the behaviour out, but this rivalry with Celtic in particular has very deep roots and its passionate heart will never be stamped out. But the fans who will be at Old Trafford (me included) will not be that minorirt, and we can look forward to a classic football match.
  • Options
    EVERY set of fans and I mean EVERY set has a section of muppets who are there not for the football but for the ritual of winding up the other set of fans.

All fans have songs that cut deep with another set of fans. I'm saying that the sectarian/racial songs are right, far from it. But just because a few mindless fuck-wits do it don't mean you can tar all fans the same.

I am and have been all my life a Rangers fan. I have been to a few games but due to money, time and the above muppets I just don't go anymore. I have never nazi saluted anyone. I haven't/don't sing secterian songs. What the fuck have they to do with football?

The problem is that give it time and the "high profile" games will end up being played behind closed doors.
  • Options
    im a rangers fan but all of the lower leauge teams fans are so jealous of rangers and celtic because of their success so start fights. fucks sake brian all you go on about is the violence and never the football and im not having a dig here

and no ive never sung about fenian blood or made a nazi salute :mad:

and why else do u hate rangers fans except jeoulosy?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    fucks sake brian all you go on about is the violence and never the football and im not having a dig here

and why else do u hate rangers fans except jeoulosy?

Why the fuck shouldn't I?

I admit that not all Rangers fans are like that. But I honestly think they've got a scummy element to their support, more than most other clubs. It struck me during the Stuutgart game when there were shots of the crowd, all the fucking Union Jacks and the fannies wearing England shirts. That's just an excuse to wind up Celtic fans, and provoke a reaction.

Maybe do some research and read about Rangers players stamping on Aberdeen players throats. And that Hun Richard Gough wrote a load of shite in The Sun after the last game, slagging us fans off. If I wrote that kind of bigoted shite, I'd get sued.

So yeah.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rocks
    But the fans who will be at Old Trafford (me included) will not be that minorirt, and we can look forward to a classic football match.

You have any idea of how many of you lot are coming down without tickets? I've heard wild rumours of 20000?? Can't see it myself, the dibble won't allow it surely?

A word of caution, if you lot think your going to come down here and run the show you've got another thing coming. It could get very naughty as I imagine a lot of the 'old boys' will be out for this one, on both sides.

Lets hope it all goes peacefully, but I can see it starting with that RFC/MCFC banner being brought out.
  • Options
    Why the fuck shouldn't I?

I admit that not all Rangers fans are like that. But I honestly think they've got a scummy element to their support, more than most other clubs. It struck me during the Stuutgart game when there were shots of the crowd, all the fucking Union Jacks and the fannies wearing England shirts. That's just an excuse to wind up Celtic fans, and provoke a reaction.

Maybe do some research and read about Rangers players stamping on Aberdeen players throats. And that Hun Richard Gough wrote a load of shite in The Sun after the last game, slagging us fans off. If I wrote that kind of bigoted shite, I'd get sued.

So yeah.

i wear england shirts to games and wave flags, its not illegal or anything and its just a tradition, celtic fans wear ireland shirts and wave ireland flags so whats so wrong with that?

why do u have a big grudge against rangers anyway? when it all comes down to it its footbasll ffs, just a game people like to watch. and im sure if aberdeen fans have 'had their throats stamped on' that they were so totaly inncent and never provoked anyone :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i wear england shirts to games and wave flags, its not illegal or anything and its just a tradition, celtic fans wear ireland shirts and wave ireland flags so whats so wrong with that?

why do u have a big grudge against rangers anyway? when it all comes down to it its footbasll ffs, just a game people like to watch. and im sure if aberdeen fans have 'had their throats stamped on' that they were so totaly inncent and never provoked anyone :rolleyes:

If you actually read the thing, you'll see that I've condemned actions of certain sections of the Aberdeen support.

And I don't agree with the idea of wearing England tops at all. I think it promotes bigotry, and you know fine well it's designed to provoke not only Cetic fans, but Aberdeen fans, Hibs fans, Killie fans. Either that, or you're too stupid to realise, and you've been told to do it.

Seriously, large sections of the Rangers support are wankers.
  • Options

Its small time and pathetic. What has religion and politics got to do with football? I know Celtic were formed by Irish imigrants, but todays support must be 5th or 6th generation by now. Its the equivalent of me supporting railway strikes when it has nothing at all to do with me.

Whats wrong with Rangers/Celtic shirts? Why do flags from both clubs have slogans in gaelic of defiance or names of loaylist paramilitarys?

And people wonder why you both get rejected when you try to join the English league.

And I am aware that when United play Rangers next month, a number of Irish United fans will see it as a chance to wear their Ireland tops and wave the Irish flag at Old Trafford. They are wankers as well.
  • Options
    Seriously, large sections of the Rangers support are wankers.

Change that to

Seriously, large sections of the Rangers and Celtic support are wankers.
  • Options
    Originally posted by godscop
    Change that to

Seriously, large sections of the Rangers and Celtic support are wankers.

Yep.

But remember, thousands upon thousands of Celtic fans went to the UEFA final last year, and there was hardly one arrest. The same would never happen with Rangers fans.

Partly because they're team sucks and they'd never get near a final, and partly because a lot of their fans are morons.
  • Options
    But remember, thousands upon thousands of Celtic fans went to the UEFA final last year, and there was hardly one arrest. The same would never happen with Rangers fans.

I've seen Celtic fans singing IRA songs in an area that was destroyed by an IRA bomb all the while proclaiming that they are some sort of sister club to ours.

They are both ****s, end of.