Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Alcohol and Ecstacy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
could someone who goes out drinking and then pops a few pills describe what they feel, do you feel more 'fucked', more dehydrated, do you think it's more dangerous.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dunno, i usually get rather pissed during the beggining of the night, then drop afew pills between 11-12 and more later on, whilst drinking say afew more pints but not too many. Then later if i'm feeling rough pints of water, and on the comedown i feel more dehydrated when i've been on booze.
    Its not really wise to mix the two. The only occasion i've done it was New Year just gone, started drinking early evening, progressed to the club where i dropped around 11ish. i wasn't massively drunk but i wasn't sober either. Felt a bit sickly about 45 mins after dropping (this isn't uncommon for me and others). Went to be sick, nothing came, returned to the dance floor for an awesome NY.

All in all, its best to stick to water.
    i LOVE it, i know i must have been pissed when i did it, my ex fella bought me 15 bottles but i remember a few mates complaining theyd been buying me drinks all night too - so i musted have been bladdered, but i dont remember being pissed just happy, lively and dancey. Pills can make me feel quite ill sometimes but i didnt get that at all it was a great night.

but dont do it, the amount of people ive seen in really, really bad states after pilling and drinking - kinda puts you off.

Pills are fun enough, especailly when youre first starting out that theres no point drinking. And to be honest, being fucked isnt as good (i think) as nicely pilling..
    the key is moderation, dont get wrecked on alcohol, the way i felt was if i got too pissed i wouldnt know if i was tripping or not, though the 2 drugs do mix well, i'd just get tipsy before taking the pills and the best advice i have ever had is "LISTEN TO YOUR BODY" if you listen to your body you shold be ok mixing the 2, but excstacy alone is an amzing drug and can be toroughly enjoyed on its own withoutout drinkin alcolhol, but make sure you drink enough water (but not too much)
    I have never mixed both. Normally would just take ecstacy as a quick solution to getting fucked. I havn't seen anyone react badly when mixing though. My mates can be steaming out their heads and double-drop all night long.

If your mixing for the first time though I would suggest taking just half and then another half if need be. I wouldn't suggest drinking and pill-popping for the first time if your going out to a club, you'll freak out.

The buzz is way better than just alcohol, but the come down is shite. Though I suppose it's just the same as a hang-over, I don't suffer from hang-overs so I don't know how much worse a come down is, but I don't like it one bit - though it's worth it!!