Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Lying

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why do people lie about important things? :confused:

I guess I have before; but I always get a guilty conscience. If I've taken anything is I can spot someone who lies quite far off now :rolleyes: - but it's how some people can give you a cheesy smile straight to your face. it makes me want to slap them.

Comments

• Options
    you answered your own question, the simply dont have a big enough conscience
  • Options
    all sorts of reasons:

because some people are idiots.

because they don't have exciting lives and feel the need to jazz it up a little.

because some people are compulsive liars, and lie about stupid things.

and to save people's feelings.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    all sorts of reasons:

because some people are idiots.

because they don't have exciting lives and feel the need to jazz it up a little.

because some people are compulsive liars, and lie about stupid things.

and to save people's feelings.

but all of those are bad reasons arent they? I used to be a compulsive liar (though out of self-motivation and wanting to be 'better' for my ex-girlfriend I think i've kicked the habit)

sometimes if i have to spare someones feelings i avoid the truth rather than lie to their face you know?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Lying
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Is this time for another confession? I missed the last one :p lol

really

omg. heh deleted it. thank fucking god. but... :confused: I still carry that stuff on me conciousnse!
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    but all of those are bad reasons arent they? I used to be a compulsive liar (though out of self-motivation and wanting to be 'better' for my ex-girlfriend I think i've kicked the habit)

sometimes if i have to spare someones feelings i avoid the truth rather than lie to their face you know?

yeah, they are bad reasons.

lying to spare someone's feelings isn't so bad, but you usually end up in a bigger mess.
  • Options
    yeah, they are bad reasons.

lying to spare someone's feelings isn't so bad, but you usually end up in a bigger mess.

unles its something really harmless like:

"do you like my new top"

"yeh its lovely! :D"

when in your mind you are thinking 'is this a windup? :confused:why would anyone wear THAT'
  • Options
    Lying is bad for tyhe soul
  • Options
    i dunno, i guess little white lies arent that bad, but the bigguns always land you in shit
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    unles its something really harmless like:

"do you like my new top"

"yeh its lovely! :D"

when in your mind you are thinking 'is this a windup? :confused:why would anyone wear THAT'

when people ask me that, i give them the 'do you want me to be nice, or do you want me to be honest' option.

i don't give out meaningless compliments. if i compliment you, it's genuine.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Buffy Boff
    Lying is bad for tyhe soul

heh in that case my soul is fucked. :p
  • Options
    when people ask me that, i give them the 'do you want me to be nice, or do you want me to be honest' option.

i don't give out meaningless compliments. if i compliment you, it's genuine.

if i go out of my way to compliment someone then its genuine. however if they asked me first ill usually just hand out some random compliment so i dont hurt their feelings; ill often make hints though... but then again some girls even when they look nice wont accept it :confused:
  • Options
    Low self essteem!! Its hard to except compliments!!! Doesn't sound it but who ever u giv um to probably apreciates it!!:)
  • Options
    ahh we've got these really annoying shazzer girls at school who always compliment you so you do it back, now when they say summat to me i just say thanks, look them up and down, smile and walk off, it makes them real paranoid
    *pyschotic laugh*
  • Options
    how many of the things in your life are lies? like; whole parts of it? :confused:

like parts of your identity. with me there are too many to count :confused: sometimes after a while the lies become the truth in a way... :confused:
  • Options
    Lies is never truth, not to the people who care, Only to the people who tell them.
  • Options
    god its like church in here im just waiting for 'the truth will set you free'
  • Options
    little white lies to protect peoples feelings are ok i guess. my ex was a compulsive liar possibly the worst ive ever met :mad:
  • Options
    Truth makes you feel better, lying fecks u up, thats why i try not to lie.
  • Options
    Truth makes you feel better, lying fecks u up, thats why i try not to lie.

i guess. i got to a stage where another lie didnt matter to me because there were already so many you know? :confused:
  • Options
    Maybe thats why people find it hard to trust you.
  • Options
    Maybe thats why people find it hard to trust you.

nah that was just you :confused:
  • Options
    I don't trust people, it nothin person, but i never felt i knew you.
  • Options
    I don't trust people, it nothin person, but i never felt i knew you.

I never lied to you about my feelings and things like that. Just things in my past I never mentioned. We should be pming. eh :confused:
  • Options
    Lyings crap, don't do it, be honest, know matter what the consequences are. (Ps. excludes white lies)
  • Options
    Lyings crap, don't do it, be honest, know matter what the consequences are. (Ps. excludes white lies)

fine. talk later.
  • Options
    Wasn't directed at you, everybody else has fecked off though, They all tend to do that, they probably don't like me *paranoid*
  • Options
    Wasn't directed at you, everybody else has fecked off though, They all tend to do that, they probably don't like me *paranoid*

well im not sure; theyre pretty open minded they just dont like these type of threads where 2 people take over.... :confused:

oh also;

why do so many people say they dont lie even if you know they do! :mad: worse with friends cos u cant tell them off!!!
  • Options
    *hijacks thread for a sec*

buffy boff, i :heart: your av!! willow and oz were such a cute couple, and seth green - phwoaarrr!!!

buffy rules!! :D

*shuts up, gives thread back to shyboy*
  • Options
    I never lie.

[/lying]
  • Options
    dont mean to sound rude, cos you two obviously have unresovled issuses, but pm?!