Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

quick decision needed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay people if you had the choice between an IBM hard drive and an HP Compaq business desktop which would you go with? I'm slightly put off by the HP bit as they've been nothing but problems when i needed a replacement printer etc. but i know F all about hard drives :)

Answers on a speedy postcard if poss :D

Comments

• Options
    when i was working in a pc shop we had a few IBM drives go tits up for no reason at all, they aint the most reliable. not had any experience of hp drives tho.
  • Options
    I was gonna say that I've heard good things bout IBM hard drives. Except that Western Digital, Seagate and Maxtor are better...

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Stay away from the IBM drive. I have never used a Compaq one though, outside of a Compaq machine.
  • Options
    Ach sounds like i'll be braving the Compaq one, it was the better deal but just wondered as never used IBM before.