Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Any free psychiatrists out there??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello people. Sorry this is a long one but i need to let this out.

Ive been seeing a girl that ive liked for sooo long. I worked with her and we had a great friendship but i never thought she would go for me. Anyway turns out she liked me just as much and we have been going out for 1 1/2 months. Whats the problem then?

Errm that fact that i feel that she is too good for me and that every day that im still going out with her is a day closer to the moment she finishes with me. I like her soo much but my feelings are starting to change to that of wanting to break up because i dont want to get knocked down and hurt. Its absolutly crazy because i should be that happiest dood on the planet yet i constantly torment myself. You may ask why dont i just stop and get on with it. Tell me how i can make my sub conscious stop doing it and i would beleive me.

See the thing is she has had soo much more experience of life than i have even though im 2 years older. For example - Shes been to oz for 6 months (not to mention with her ex) - bali - thailand - america - jamaica - africa - ive only been greece; shes skydived - shes got literally hundreds of friends - i have 3 close ones - she has a car - i dont - she has her own place - i dont - she goes to uni - im in a deadend job.
Maybe these things shouldnt matter but it makes me feel intimadated like im boring and useless as a bf.

There is also the issue of her going clubbing like 100's of miles away, i get paranoid and jealous because she does pills and i know how loved up u can get. It makes me even more paranoid cause her ex is in the same group of friends and they all go to afterparties and i dont usually get a text or phone call till the next night, i even got stood up cause of it once.

I do feel worse when she's not with me, when she is with me i dont get these tormenting feelings, because i can read into how shes feeling at the time, which is usually good.

I know its probably all in my head but i cant seem to just enjoy what i have and be happy its like being given the tastiest sweet ever but not being able to enjoy it because you know that its gonna be gone soon. (soz possibly bad simily). Im just scared, scared to fall in love. pathetic really.

Oh im sorry for just piling this on to the message board but i just needed to get it out into some kinda words even if it didnt make too much sense. I would seriously get my head seen to if i could afford it trust me.

Anyway thanx for reading and any comments would be appreicated or common experiences and feelings.

Comments

• Options
    God, that sucks. It wouldn't be so bad if you were together, but being so far appart sucks. Sounds like she's having a great time while you're stuck there. Doesn't bode well for the future of your relationship really. I'd be as paranoid as you if I knew she was going out all the time, pill popping, and that her ex was still around on the scene. :(
    Appart from that, how are things when you're together, and how often are you together?

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I have had the jealousy kinda things you have. Well not jealousy. I was jealous I mean, you may not be. But yeh my ex-girlfriend generally had more friends than me and had always had more fun in the past and stuff and she used to talk about 'missing the old days' and i thought in my head ':( but i had no old days - they sucked!'

Either way no way around it. You should probably talk to her at somepoint about your feelings because at the end of the day there's no-one better to speak to than her....
  • Options
    Re: Any free psychiatrists out there??
    Originally posted by Goonie
    and i dont usually get a text or phone call till the next night, i even got stood up cause of it once.

she's too good for you?

and to shyboy, you havn't bloody lived through your 'old days' yet. stop being stupid before chelle reads that and goes mental.

:)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Any free psychiatrists out there??
    Originally posted by molo
    she's too good for you?

and to shyboy, you havn't bloody lived through your 'old days' yet. stop being stupid before chelle reads that and goes mental.

:)

meant before i met her heh :p
  • Options
    Heh your just like me. I get paranoid when shes away i.e. holidays or clubbing. I think most men do. You just need to sort out the trust issue. Ask her if she ever cheated on her last boyfriend thats always a way of finding out what shes like for cheating without actually asking her directly.

About your insecurities - you have to remeber that she liked you just as much - but if you keep thinking that your gonna break up and then not put as much effort in, then she'll pick up on that and you will inevitably break up. She might think that her previous bf was a complete knob as a bf and probably wonders why she ever went out with him. The fact that she went to oz with him makes no difference. Also its just unfortunate if her ex is part of the same group of friends as her- shit happens like that sometimes.