Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Irritated with flatmates

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I recently moved into a house with two of my mates with whom I was living with in a house of six before hand. The problem is now there is way more tension than ever before and I am really getting irritated with some of their behaviour, as they are with some of mine (I have found out).

Admittantly some of my behaviour has been poor and generally not on and I have apologised for this. Most of this behaviour derives from the fact that they rarely seem to engange with me in conversation these days.

Cutting out a long detailed story of the events that have made me feel this way, I generally feel disillusioned about living with them and at this moment I would rather be living on my own.

The big problem is I can only see this getting worse as my flatmates are the kind of people who would rather lie and hide how they feel (it seems), than be open with me and tell me if I am doing wrong.

I feel really angry and frustrated with them and I don't know why. I can't keep living with them if I am mad at them! How am I to resolve this?

:mad:

Comments

• Options
    If you really think you can't stick it out there then take yourself and your contract to your accomodation office or university advice centre and find out how easy it would be to move out without losing all your money etc.

Sometimes mates don't make the best flatmates, you may find you et on a whole lot better when you don't have to live in the same space 24/7.

However if you want to give it another shot you need to try talking to your flatmates again and seeing if you can make a go of it.

Susie :)
  • Options
    In my experience I think there is nothing that ruins a friendship quicker than living with someone! Shared houses are a really bad idea for most people, I really think you have to be a certain kind of person, which im not. I have done it loads of times, but its very hard, and you just need to remember to give everyone their space. You cant act as though youre not living together when you are.
  • Options
    Well the easiest thing would be for you all to sit down and talk about everything, if it matters that much.