Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Help..........my birds had an accident

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I heard the bird flapping like mad and squalking so went to investigate and he shut up. anyway he started flapping again and going mental and ive just gone in to check him and theres blood in the cage and splattered up the wall :eek2:
Theres blood on 2 feathers thats on the floor, but what shall I do with him? he aint a happy chappy :(

oh god, the poor thing might die on me, and its little uns bird :(

anyone know what I should do............please be serious cos honestly the birds going crackers.

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Help..........my birds had an accident
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    I heard the bird flapping like mad and squalking so went to investigate and he shut up. anyway he started flapping again and going mental and ive just gone in to check him and theres blood in the cage and splattered up the wall :eek2:
    Theres blood on 2 feathers thats on the floor, but what shall I do with him? he aint a happy chappy :(

    oh god, the poor thing might die on me, and its little uns bird :(

    anyone know what I should do............please be serious cos honestly the birds going crackers.

    most vets have 24hr helplines.

    www.yell.co.uk - there should be one near you that's open at this time. you might be able to take them in, or they can just give you advice over the phone.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    call your vets emergency line or sumit like that..
    xxx
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    £££££££££££££££££££££

    oh shit I dont want a bank loan lol.

    What about the RSPCA are they open all night and give advice?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    £££££££££££££££££££££

    oh shit I dont want a bank loan lol.

    What about the RSPCA are they open all night and give advice?

    it's worth a try.

    they should have people there all night, to look after the animals...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oh no- thats not good, what type of bird is it?

    try getting a tea towel and catching the bird, and taking a good look at him/her, look under at wings, neck- beak, feet, everything, if you find bloody, warm water and cotton wool, and just dab and gental clean the bird... - also make sure it can breath.

    hope its some help...


    H xoxox
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He's not squalking now.
    Hes obviously pulled his feathers out too hard or sommat, he's never bled before. Its up the piggin walls :eek2:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Miss_Hermione_G
    try getting a tea towel and catching the bird, and taking a good look at him/her, look under at wings, neck- beak, feet, everything, if you find bloody, warm water and cotton wool, and just dab and gental clean the bird... - also make sure it can breath.

    :yes: good plan.

    try boiled water with salt dissolved in that's been left to cool - it's a natural, gentle antiseptic.


    *veteran of dog fights*
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    it's worth a try.

    they should have people there all night, to look after the animals...

    Yeah I might try them 1st.....bit cheaper lol.


    I daren't go into the cage at the moment cos he has just quietened down, I could start him off again. When I found him he was all over the cage, just running from one end to the other.
    He's a cockateil.

    Back laters :(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    He's not squalking now.
    Hes obviously pulled his feathers out too hard or sommat, he's never bled before. Its up the piggin walls :eek2:

    In my experiance of birds, thats the most likely thing to have happened.

    My old neighbour had Cockateils, noisy buggers at the best of times. Hope he is OK Becky.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well my hubby's came in and had a look and said he's pulled a feather out that he shouldnt have. We were going to get him out but he might have damaged the wing, so because he has settled down he said just contact the vet tomorrow and leave him in the cage where he cant fly around.

    Im not even going to attempt to clean him because when I went to get him he kinda started running around again.

    Thanks for the advice, I panicked when I seen the blood lol
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Thanks for the advice, I panicked when I seen the blood lol

    it's always scary when your animals hurt themselves, because they can't tell you what happened, and they always go a bit mental....

    hope he's ok :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    awwww! glad he's ok.

    Once my budgie almost died, when i was little, the mirror wire had bend out- and he had the wire going in his neck-out his beak, dad took it out but didnt think he'd make the night. that was when we 1st got him- he lived to be 9 years old!!:D - i loved him to bits!

    Yours will be fine im sure of it, i panic if i see blood on my cat its scary! the nights ive had to sit and bathe him! he's old now, so doesnt go out.


    Hermy xxxxx
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    glad hes ok :)
Sign In or Register to comment.