Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Awwww!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Awww! I'm so chuffed :D
You see, I have this best guy mate, who I've loved right from day one and didn't think it was at all reciprocated...Until last nite.
We're talking on MSN, as usual, when he suddenly says to me "I've fancied you on and off for the past year"... My jaw must've dropped an inch or two I tell ya!!
I asked him why he didn't do anything about it, his reply:
"because....i dont actually know lol, because i just dont have the ability to be a boyfriend at the mo, my mind changes too quickly about everything".
He's had many many gf's in the past year, none of which have lasted longer than a month. So, obviously he must have a higher level of respect for me than I had previously thought...
Surely if he didn't care about me that much he would've risked the amazing friendship we've got...?
Is it me, or is this guy amazing? lol

Ilora x

Comments

• Options
    yeh, tis kinda..though I would worry a bit :confused:

good luck with it :D
  • Options
    ..................Why would you worry a bit?
  • Options
    Ilora, id be careful if I were you. He says hes fancied you ON AND OFF for the past year, and that he doesnt have the ability to be a boyfriend at the moment!! Ive had great friends that ive completely blown the friendship by sleeping with them. I dont see how what hes said means he has a higher level respect for you??? Some blokes will risk a lot of things if they think theyre in with a chance, and if hes that great a friend, then just keep it that way. Thats my advice anyway.
  • Options
    Tbh. If I was the kind of bloke that was devious and fancied a bit of stuff on the side without being tied down, then I might try and get someone interested by saying that i've fancied them for a while, but keep them a bit distant by saying "id be no good for you". That way I'd avoid being comitted to the girl but she still could show she was interested and I'd get my bit of fun.

I'm not like that, but he could be.
  • Options
    Oh :(
  • Options
    Awww that's really nice Ilora. The others aren't trying to rain on your parade but I can see what they're saying. If he's a good mate, though, he'll respect you and won't just want a shag. Tread carefully anyway, but I think you could be onto a good thing here! Good Luck!

LSS
  • Options
    i agree with what the others were saying about being careful, but at the end of the day its always nice to hear someone likes you!!!!...so congrats!!!:D